Skip to content

About Accessing Root Domain

ahmethannahmethann Turkmenistan
edited April 2020 in GSA Website Contact
Hello,
Some time search results bring a PDF katalog inside a web site. So when software hits this page, it opens only a PDF and there is no any other link inside this PDF. Such as: https://www.analizboru.com/uploads/kategori/dosya/14maysfiyat_listesi_2018.pdf

So is there any way for software to check the root domain: https://www.analizboru.com and find contact page on the root domain instead of trying to find a contact link on the PDF?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    pdf links should be skipped completely. Is that happening with this particular URL?
  • ahmethannahmethann Turkmenistan
    Yes for the above link it says that it can not find contact form. SO what I want is that, instead of making search on pdf url, can it go to root url and make search on the root url? Is it possbile? 
    You are right...it really downloaded a pdf...thats totally stupid of course and fixed in next update.
    edited April 2020
    Sven infact my point is not related with pdf, or doc or docx. It is not related with file types.

The point is sometimes search engine indexes a page that doesnt have a link on it. This doesnt necessarily need to be a document. This might be an abandoned page. For example webmaster currently doesnt use this page. He thought he deleted this page but still there is page. For example a 7-8 years old page. Thats forgatten. So in short search engine may land on a page that there is not any link. May be because of a design error webmaster forgot to add a link to contact page from that subpage. But infact there is a link to contact page from homepage but webmaster forgot to add a link to the mentioned subpage. So in these cases software will not be able to find a link to contact page. But infact there is a contact page but it can be only reachable from homepage.

So in this case we can force software to go to the root and make search on root page. Might there be a checkbox for example. If we check this checkbox then if software can not find contact link from the landed page, then it can make another search starting from the root domain. BTW of course it would be better not to download docs :) What do you think?
    you can do that....there is a project option to add the root url only and not the found sub url.
    edited April 2020
    Sven said:
    you can do that....there is a project option to add the root url only and not the found sub url.
    Hi Sven I just tested the feature you talked for. I cheked this option and after that IT SKIPS ALL THE RESULTS thats is not root domain. So in short it skips almost all results. This is not a helful feature for our case. THis is not what I want (https://prnt.sc/rx0iit)

I dont want it to skip results if it is a root domain. What I want is:
    1. If it is not a root domain for example: www.root.com/subpage.html --> software found this.
    2. DOnt start search on www.root.com/subpage.html
    3. Start the search on www.root.com

These 3 steps that I want. And I told the result above and I strongly elieve that it will increase the contact form catch ration as I mentioned above.

Looking forward to hear you

OK, next update will have this option. You need to click on that option once more to change it to "trim to root".
    Thanked by 1ahmethann