Skip to content

Project Proxies

Can we set separate proxies for different projects?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    sorry no, each project uses the same pool of proxies.
  • ahmethannahmethann Turkmenistan
    edited April 2020
    Infact I didnt make much tests, but yesterday for the first time I tried to run 2 projects in parallel. After I started second project, second project began to take over proxies from the first project one by one. After sometime, it was saying beside the first project "busy" but when I look at logs and number I see there is no new logs. And if I look at the project second, again beside of it writes "busy" and when I look at the numbers and logs I see continuos logs. I realized that all proxies are used by the second project.

I  really dont know if this is a general sitution, or is it a one time bug but I see that second project was using all the proxies and first project was waiting (even though there writes "busy" next to first project). Do you have any idea about the case? And this is why I asked for separate proxies for separate projects...

Also another point comes to mind is that, might it be related with thread numbers. I set 12 threasds and 10 proxies for search. And for some reason may be CPU gave priority to second project threads. Thus second project captured all threads and left first project no threads? What do you think. 

So again it might be better to be able set separate thread numbers for separate projects and separate proxies for separate projects?