Skip to content

New Feature Request

ahmethannahmethann Turkmenistan
edited April 2020 in GSA Website Contact
Hello,

I have 3 offer for the next update if possbile:
1. Instead of fixed wait time between searches, we can assign a minimum and a maxiumum wait time and sotware can select a time randomly between this interval. Thus it will behave more natural to the search engine.

2. Form detection can be improved in such a way that, it can detect form fields using the "placeholder" text. I think this will be a awesome feature because huge amount of forms use arbitrary "name" and "id" fields. But most of the forms use placeholder to tell the user which field is that. So I believe this feature will improve form discovery rate. (for example detect the input field whose placeholder is "Your Name")

3. In the project settings there is a check ox saying that "use proxy on parsing/sending". Here "parsing and sending" parts should be handled separately. Because you dont need proxy for "parsing" but you may need proxy on "sending". So it might be better if there is a 3 check box. "Use proxy for searching", "use proxy for parsing", "use proxy for sending"

Thanks 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    1. Thats already happening. It is waiting a minimum time + a random one after doing one search. So it looks more natural.
    2. Already happening...It matches by <label, name, id, placeholder AND even by the text that is written before the input field
    3. hmm not really. When sending a form you often have a cookie or hidden data set that is specific to the ip...if you parse with a different ip than sending, it might revoke the submission or tag it as spam/bot.
  • ahmethannahmethann Turkmenistan
    Sven said:
    3. hmm not really. When sending a form you often have a cookie or hidden data set that is specific to the ip...if you parse with a different ip than sending, it might revoke the submission or tag it as spam/bot.
    I created many contact forms, "hidden data set" is what you can get from client. You can clients IP, you can get browser type, you can get browser language etc. If you want you can embed a cookie to client and may be you can get first visit time or visited pages on your site, from the client (but  have never created such a contact form). So i dont think that it might invoke a spam filter on website side.

On the other side google also embed client some data with cookie. And with or without cookie google can understand that if the owner of the message made search about the site. But again I dont think it can trigger a spam filter on google side because you can access the web site without making any search on google, as a direct visit. So infact I dont think it will cause a problem (scraping site with a different IP and sending message with a different IP). If anybody had an experience with such a case it would be great if they can share.

Anyway I am happy it already satisfies first 2 features :)