Skip to content

Which Proxy Provider

Hello,
Can you share your experience about search engine scraping, which proxy provider do you use? Do you use residential or premium(private) dedicated proxies? And what is your average wait time between search queries?

Thanks all for sharing
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited April 2020
    Here is a list of "known to be good" proxy services:

Personally I prefer https://www.solidproxies.com but then again I never tested them all. But once you are satisfied you should not change things (never change a running system).
  • ahmethannahmethann Turkmenistan
    Sven said:
    Here is a list of "known to be good" proxy services:

Personally I prefer https://www.solidproxies.com but then again I never tested them all. But once you are satisfied you should not change things (never change a running system).
    Do you use semi dedicated or dedicated proxies? Also if it is not private :) :chuffed: what is your waiting time between search queries for a single thread for google?
    Waiting time should be at least 60 seconds...for advanced queries like "intitle:" or "inurl": you should use 120 seconds.
    Sven said:
    Waiting time should be at least 60 seconds...for advanced queries like "intitle:" or "inurl": you should use 120 seconds.
    Do you refresh proxies (change the IP of proxies) after 1 month? Usually providers support changing of proxies once a month. - Or do you continue with same proxies after one month if they are not blocked?

- Also how long days is the life span of a proxy in these settings? Do they withstand more than 2 months? 
    with solidproxies it's different: We added an API to the software which will exchange not working or blocked proxies automatically.
    Hmm that sounds attractive and impressive so we will just become a member of the proxy provider and then we dont need to think anything. Right? So infact it works almost like a rotating proxy?
    Can we also set a rotating time for solid proxies? For example can we set a timer to change the proxy every 15 Minutes?
    No, but thats also not really needed as the program will handle everything for you.
    How many threads are allowed to run in parallel on solidproxies semi-dedicated and dedicated proxies?
    10 connections per proxy is a usually good number.
    Here says 1 connection only?
    https://prnt.sc/rv9qrz
    actually I don't know. The common sense here was always as: If you buy 10 proxies, you can set SER to run on 10 threads.
  • public proxies are a big no no for me. I tried using them. Turned out I should use at least semi-dedicated proxies. Best to use private proxies.
  • I work with semi-dedicated from buyproxies.org. So far, so good.
    Thanked by 1ahmethann
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    Maybe look for Gsa proxy scraper ?
  • steviestevie UK
    edited April 2020
    This is what I'm currently paying:
    $70 per month for rotating proxies (scraping) - 50 threads
    $115 per month for 500 shared proxies (myself and 2 others)
    I don't appear to be able to find anything close to beating that, but if anybody can, I'd be interested to hear.

stevie said:
    This is what I'm currently paying:
    $70 per month for rotating proxies (scraping) - 50 threads
    $115 per month for 500 shared proxies (myself and 2 others)
    I don't appear to be able to find anything close to beating that, but if anybody can, I'd be interested to hear.

is this: $70 per month for rotating proxies (scraping) - 50 threads --> rotating datacenter proxies? storm? or blazingseollc?