GSA Captcha Breaker Consistently 'Halts' Website Contact

I've been using GSA captcha breaker with GSA website contact. On a brand new project, the captcha breaker rapidly solves. However, as time passes, the number of captchas solved per minute slows to a halt. What seems to be happening is that captcha breaker is unable to solve some of the captchas, and instead of returning a failure message to website contact, the website contact threat associated with the failed captcha halts infinitely.

I've had a project with 300 threats slow to a complete halt. When I attempt to "abort," the program displays an "Aborting" message, but nothing happens. The 300 threads continue to show (in the bottom left hand corner). They will remain open until I close the captcha breaker. Upon aborting the captcha breaker, the threads in website contact immediately halt and display message "Captcha Error: Image data was not correct." Only at this point does the captcha breaker become "Not Responding" and I have to force quit through Task Manager. Until attempting to close captcha breaker, both programs are 100% "responsive."

This continues to happen even though I have set the captcha breaker program to NOT attempt to solve unknown captchas AND not to use 3rd party captcha solving. Furthermore, I have set 10% as the minimum success rate required to even attempt to solve. This means I'm not waiting on a slow external service and I'm not even attempting to solve unknown captchas. No clue why it is getting stuck. I've played around with numerous different configurations. Not sure where to go from here?

Whatever issue is happening continues to clog up at the same websites. For instance, I'll get 98% of the way through sending to a list and that last 2% consistently halts even when I run it a second/third time (after re-starting the software).



Comments

  • NatNat USA
    edited March 19
    Here is a list of 300 websites (threads) that were permanently stuck in "busy, please wait..." status and forced me to close captcha breaker and re-start the entire project. https://pastebin.com/Twvr4Cde

    I ran these 300 sites in a separate project and 278 of them became stuck again. This is the final few output lines from captcha breaker: https://i.imgur.com/yCLLv1U.png -- most of them were 'unknown engines' and were unable to solve. It seems like there is some failure of captcha breaker to communicate this info with website contact submitter. Once again, I am using captcha breaker settings: https://i.imgur.com/owNeAAT.png

    When I force quit captcha breaker, website contact changes the "busy, please wait..." to https://i.imgur.com/lQsMwBU.png

    Not sure if this is of any use, but I thought I'd add it here.



  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I got your bugreport and unfortunately you sent it from the wrong program. It's GSA Captcha Breaker having the issue and if possible, send it from there.

    I will however try to reproduce this with your setup (thanks for that!).
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Accepted Answer
    found a problem with some strange encoded bmp captcha...fixed in upcoming version.
  • Sven said:
    I got your bugreport and unfortunately you sent it from the wrong program. It's GSA Captcha Breaker having the issue and if possible, send it from there.

    I will however try to reproduce this with your setup (thanks for that!).

    Sorry, I wasn't 100% sure where the problem was originating. It sounds like you found the possible error, so I won't submit an error report from captcha breaker unless you still request me to do so.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes, please update (new version later today) and report back.
  • NatNat USA
    Accepted Answer
    Sven said:
    Yes, please update (new version later today) and report back.

    Updated and everything is working well!
Sign In or Register to comment.