Skip to content

High CPU Usage after some runtime

jojodatjojodat germany
edited March 2020 in GSA Proxy Scraper
Hi, i usually have GSA Proxy Scraper running for Days or even weeks.
Until a few Versions ago CPU usage was below 10% on my System.

But since i think 3.07 or 3.08 (where according to changelog only new sources were added) the cpu usage suddenly and without a clear reason raises to  20, 50 or until i killed it (Version 3.10 now)  a few min ago even 75%

When i rolled back the .exe (only the exe in program folder from an 2 weeks old backup)  from 3.09 to 3.06 (keeping the sources and config) it ran fine for days.
(until i updated to 3.10 when it came out)

Maybe there was some change on 3.07 or 3.08 which not only added new sources that could cause the higher CPU usage?

//edit: settings are https://pasteboard.co/IXgEarY.png
Enabled:  anon, bing, google search, email verification, yahoo and yandex
And all providers, no filters - automatic exports for socks4, 5 and http to a  file for each one every 5 min and ftp every 30
Internal proxy with 500 Ports enabled but currently not used.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Strange...I really haven't changed much other than small bug fixes. If you see CPU bein high again, try clicking HELP->Create bugreport and leave a link to this thread.
  • jojodatjojodat germany
    edited March 2020
    Sorry for late response - had IRL too much to do.
    Just submitted a bugreport. But forgot the link. ;)
    CPU was this time "just" 25-60% - but far more than 1 digit number.
    What i noticed the current proxy in the settings tab is cycling through like crazy.
    Though i don't use it.
    Already thought if i have maybe 127.0.0.1 in list so it checks itself. 
    But nope, as the recheck just finished and proxy is still cycling at an insane speed.

//edit: switche off and on the internal proxy, the rapid change stopped and cpu usage is now near zero again.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Have you used that internal proxy somewhere?
  • More than 5-6 hours before CPU went high i did a few requests.