Skip to content

Berman Hosting VPS Keepings Rebooting

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Hi guys,

For the ppl that run a Berman VPS do you get the windows OS rebooting manually once a day?  I thought it was a windows issue and emailed the VPS provider they said the following below.  Are other ppl using berman with no issues and how do you guys monitor the CPU usage? (I've already clicked adjust threads according to CPU usage in GSA).  I'm onyl running captcha breaker and GSA search engine ranker.

've just monitored the performance of your VPS and can surly say it is not the OS. The problem is that you are simply overloading the machine. You are using too much of the system resources. Both CPU and RAM were above 95% and for the OS to operate normally they should be below 90%. Then the OS kills non-essential processes like Remote Desktop Connection and you cannot connect.

You can monitor your system's performance by doing the following :

1.Press Ctrl+alt+del
2.start Task manager
3.go to Performance tab
4.press Resource monitor

Stop some of the programs. 

Comments

• I use to have this frequently. It wouldn't so much restart, more that i couldn't connect to it via RDC. What i done was to install 'realvnc' and connect to the VPS that way.
  • Strange, I am on Berman and I am not seeing this problem. Running on Extreme with 200 threads.
  • I've got two of Bermans extremes and have problems daily. Multiple reboots on it's own and they keep telling me it's being overloaded. I'm running it at 100 threads only and not 100%

I'm currently trying getting a dedicated server thats about the same price as Bermans vps.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Stanger - what dedi are you trying?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I use Berman and I'm testing another provider. The thing is I consistently get download speeds of 90mb/s with Berman, but other only get's about 25mb/s. I'm using Berman Extra at about 80 threads...no issues. No reboots, and using other programs at same time. Could it be a setting you have? What OS? I swapped out to Server 2008 and I got about 20% better improvement. 
  • Mine is running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)

• Im on Berman and its working great for me. Got extreme and had no problem since the start
  • On Berman too and also no problems at all. Switched to them after 3 or 4 bad experiences elsewhere.
  • Hmmm I'm running extreme as well just got them to reinstall the VPS and still get OS crashes.
  • I'm windows 2008 R2 standard
  • AlexR - I'm using the extreme, two of them. One server keeps powering down and I've sent them multiple screen shots of it but they keep saying its the program thats running (GSA). The other extreme is doing fine.
  • Still getting daily problems after reinstalling the vps.  had a look at the event log I get this error:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

do the ppl getting the same issue as me get this error too?
  • DingoDingo Bulgaria
    i m using 3 vpses at bermanhosting and i have no problems so far.You might got bad luck