Skip to content

verified must have exact url

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Yes, I used

site:forum.gsa-online.de verified must have excact

But I still dont get it....... Should this be turned on on all cases?
Is this a problem if I have it turned it on?
Should this be on when doing tiered linkbuilding?

Comments

• you should use this when you are using a youtube, facebook fan page or any other not EMD url.
    because if you are building links to a youtube video and you don't thick that option every time SER finds youtube.com will recognize it as your link and this will be a fake verified link... but if you thick EXACT, SER will save as verified the complete URL ONLY that means youtube.com/ofhsoevnoe?=whatever

• Understand the answer, thanks, but why would you not always tick it?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    "but why would you not always tick it?" - GREAT QUESTION...I'm watching this space for this answer!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I always tick it. I can't think of a good reason to untick it.
  • only time you don't tick this is when you are building backlinks to your homepage directly....  for other subpages or post and everything else you should tick it.
  • edited March 2013
    I still dont get it .......

what sense does it make to differentiate between homepage directly and subpages? and then turn it off and on?

• ya, did some test.

when turned on, I build links to the moneysite, sub pages, and so on and verifies them.

so @rodol, I cant see a reason to Untick this feature like you said.

• no i mean... there is no need to untick it, just tick it everywhere, i was trying to explain the only way unticking that feature make sense..

i have some projects with 1 single url, (abc.com) some have the option ticked some doesn't, results are the same because is just 1 url (in this case the option is useless), 

but if you have subpages (abc.com/qwerty or youtube.com/=v?34234) you should have the option ticked.
  • ah.

I consultet with sven in german. he told me that sometimes you get a little bit higher verified rate when this setting is turned of.

for tiered links or the youtube case it should always be turned on.

->keep it checked. done.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I think this feature should be removed....since no-one can explain a situation where having it unticked is better than having it ticked...

Where would you use it unticked? 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No, Whois sites e.g. need this to be unchecked, else you will not  see links here as it will just show statistics or the root URL.
  • Referer, Ping, Whois are then the only sites that need this unchecked?
    just whois/indexer.
  • Im trying to backlink a bookmark actually ... i didnt tick the "exact URL" button and now it shows me like 300 verified links, but to the bookmarkpage itself ;)
  • So @sven you can just remove this feature and put it on the engines code... for whois/indexer no exact code, for the rest exact code.

More space for new stuff, less confusion for new users.
    No, this has it's meaning for me and others. I can not remove it.