Skip to content

Finding Chinese Target Sites

edited September 2012 in Need Help
I'd like to find some chinese and other foreign language sites to target. I have tried importing a list of chinese keywords into the keywords field but see that the characters have been changed to non-chinese characters/symbols. I am however able to post chinese characters to other fields, such as article, article title, about yourself, etc without any problems. Is there a special way to import such keywords to the keyword field? Or does this mean GSA can't handle some alphabets/characters?

Also, assuming that I can find some chinese target sites that utilize one of the platforms/engines that GSA is set up to post to, can GSA actually post to those sites even if the submission forms are not in a language that GSA recognizes?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

I guess you import from a file? Thats problematic if that file is encoded in none unicode format. In that case you have to enter the keywords manually.

The program however can post to Chinese language sites.

• Thanks Sven. I did actually have the file saved in unicode. I just tried saving it in UTF-8 format and didn't have any problems, so problem solved.

Glad to hear that it can post to such sites too!
  • @sven, @ozz

I have added some foreign language footprints to my engine files and saved them in UTF-8 format. However, when the program reads from the file and queries the search engine, the query string it shows in the log is typically "????:" where the foreign characters would normally be. It's like it is not keeping the unicode format?

Is it parsing that file and searching correctly, but not displaying it in the log correctly? Or is it actually querying with the wrong string?

I searched everywhere on the forum and couldn't find an answer.
  • radikal, are you Chinese? I'm ethnically chinese though not from China. I speak a bit of Mandarin.

I've been wanting to find out how to do SEO for China. Huge market! But I also want to target people there.

I have been wanting to look into this for a while but I'm not sure where to go. I'm assuming that people use Baidu there right and so we need to know how SEO works for Baidu.

Anyway, if anyone can give me some direction if I want to learn more SEO targetting people from China, would appreciate it. CHeers!