Skip to content

Anyone know how to run GSA on a dedi?

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Can pay if someone can help me set it up

thanks!

Comments

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    will it be a dedicated Windows machine ?
    Why not just get a VPS  and connect via Remote desktop.

You will set up GSA SER same as what u will on your home pc
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    I'm running GSA on a dedi. What did you need help with? If its a windows OS, its pretty straight forward. Just PM. I'll install it for you .. no need to pay me though.

• "Why not just get a VPS  and connect via Remote desktop."
    Yes, that's an option if on a budget, but in most cases you will be sharing resources with a bunch of others. With a dedi, you're not sharing resources, so will be better if you run any applications which are CPU intensive and hog bandwidth.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @JackSparrow - I'm no expert on hardware and stuff, but I did a bit of research into this last month. On one of the major webhosting forums I basically asked if a VPS or a dedi is better. 

I thought the answer would be dedi as you're not sharing...BUT

They said you can't measure it easily. Basically as you said you're sharing resources on a VPS, but in most cases the other users aren't using them heavily, meaning that you get a lot more resources if needed. The other users subsidise your resource costs so to speak. It also depends on the node your on. To get the same specs as the VPS on a dedi is far more expensive and as a result a VPS is often a better bet in terms of resources to costs ratio.