Skip to content

Content Foundry?

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Saw this being promoted on another forum for GSA - has anyone tried it? I'm using ACW & TBS right now. Looks like this is a monthly sub
contentfoundry . net

Comments

• Sorry to bump this but someone else must be familiar with this? It apparently will automatically build Tiers for you right inside GSA and fill all the content based on another similar project.
  • This looks promising. Just go on to you tube and do a search there are a couple of videos out there. 
  • iwebseoiwebseo The Internets
    I've been using it for a month and I love it. Great tool and worth every penny.
  • @iwebseo where you buy it?
  • You would think an SEO product would rank well for it's own name lol. But I found their homepage here: http://contentfoundry.net/
  • I bit the bullet and am trying it. There appears to be a bit of a learning curve here but let's see!
  • @shaw report back and let us (or me at least) know. The GSA-SER Project Generator intrigues me.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    It looks like Kontent Machine 'in the cloud'.
  • edited March 2013
    @shaw would be interested in what you make of the GSA-SER generator.
  • @ron I am using Kontent Machine and thought it was very similar. I do like the way it automatically creates the project for you thou and from what I can see you can save the project in content foundry and then re- run when you want to automatically insert new content into the GSA project.

A 30 day money back guarantee seems a no brainer. So I am going to give it a whirl. I need to build over 30 T3's this weekend so will use it to see how long it takes.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    In fact this is very clever. I don't own that program but it sounds useful if it can do this project generation scheduled. Than the content of the project would always change, SER detects the change, reloads settings and you continue with brand new content. But that means the program must make sure not to overwrite certain things in the project like email accounts, settings and so on.
  • edited March 2013
    Hey guys, I'm the creator/developer of Content Foundry, which just launched a week ago. 

It can generate all promotional content you need for SEO campaigns, and with a few clicks can generate complete GSA SER campaigns as well (with more generators on the way for SENuke, Magic Submitter, etc.). 

Here's how the GSA part works:

1. Scrape some content. Content Foundry can scrape from more than 50 sources, many of which are niche specific and not article sites, like Livestrong.org, The Wall Street Journal, Engadget, Huffington Post, The Guardian (UK), The Mirror (UK), Reuters, and more.

2. Load your links and keywords into a Project. Each keyword list can be assigned custom anchors, a Primary, Secondary, and/or Generic Keyword list. Content Foundry will make sure your links get the right anchors when you generate a GSA SER campaign.

3. Choose a GSA SER campaign to use as a template. Basically, fill out "Options" and "E-Mail Verification" tabs, and select which sites you want to submit to (CF will keep track of specific sites under a category that you disable).

4. Enter a name for your new project, and hit "Generate." Content Foundry creates all the Titles, Comments, Article Content, and 250/450 char blurbs you need, and inputs the appropriate macros. It even creates a PDF file for document sharing.

5. You can refresh the project of this template at any time -- just click "Refresh" and all the content will be replaced :)

The output for the titles, sentences, etc., can all be customized to your liking, and Content Foundry is able to spin at the paragraph, sentence, and word level without any additional tools.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them here.
  • It order to be able to put the generated content directly into GSA, does CF need to be on the same machine as GSA is running, or can a file be imported to GSA instead?
  • It's easiest if you run CF on the same machine; it looks for campaigns and saves them to the GSA folder so that it's as automated as possible, and macros are usually computer specific unless you use something like Dropbox with the same path on multiple computers.

That being said, it shouldn't be a big issue because like GSA, you can run Content Foundry on all of your machines -- just not at the same time.
  • is there a CF lifetime license?
  • edited March 2013
    How does the quality of the output of CF compare to that of KM or ACW?

Also interested in knowing if there is a lifetime license.
  • edited March 2013
    Please correct me if need be, but from what I could tell by the output it would be better suited for Tier 2 & 3 instead of Tier 1. But gosh, it takes a lot of the legwork out by matching existing tier settings and automatically placing the new project right in GSA. 

Ditto on the lifetime!
  • edited March 2013
    I've found CF very slow and I also like to have my content creation separate from my backlinking so I can do on different pc's and at different times. I also have a VA covering content that I wouldn't want on my VPS.

Having tried both, I still prefer WAC and call me cheap (many do!), but for me I cannot justify the extra monthly expense for just the saving of a copy and paste exercise that takes literally seconds.
  • I use 10 semi-private proxies with my testing with CF. Gosh it does take a while but it's making a TON of unique comments and variations. 

That being said, ACW has a special place in my heart. 
  • I am a bit lost on content foundry, I raised a support ticket on their site as how to use it with GSA. If anyone knows how to set up a project with different tiers then please let me know. What does excite me about content foundry are the clock icons next to the projects are they their to be able to schedule automatic article creation for future releases. 

If so then it becomes set and forget. Create the project then every month recreate 1000,s of different articles without having to do anything appeals to me. 
  • I would like to know too.  

Looking forward to the "follow-along video course" mentioned on the sales page.
  • Content Foundry is badass.  And it isn't slow.  On my dedi I can create 20mb of unique text in a couple minutes.  And the GSASER project maker is just wicked fast and easy.  Get it and be patient with it, it can do a lot.  All my content needs can be accomplished with it.
  • @roldol no, there is no lifetime option right now, just yearly and monthly

@kortezubi the content can work for everything except what'd you would put on your sites. You have a lot of control over how readable or unique the content is; here's a few ways:
    • Choosing where you scrape from affects the output. Article sites have lower quality content -- usually -- than the news sources and other editorialized content CF can scrape.

• You can control which algorithm is used to generate the text and titles

• You can use "Intro Decoys" in your articles. These are full, un-processed scraped paragraphs that make the first part of your article very readable (and helps quite a bit with moderation)

• You can have an image or video always placed between the title and the article body, which helps reduce moderation.

• Use the black list to keep certain words and phrases out of your content
    @mitch are you running CF while running other tools (not recommended)? What kind of system are you running it on? During the 100 user beta, the only people who where having speed issues where on a smaller VPS.

@shaw have you tried scraping without proxies? If you're just doing a couple scrapes per day of 1,000 articles or less (which is all you need for GSA campaigns), you don't need proxies. CF can scrape ~100/minute without them. You won't get a speed advantage with proxies until you have around 20 or more, and your IPs aren't going to get blocked on smaller scrapes without them.

@micb11 check your support ticket.

• I have both CF and Kontent Machine. CF is not as "easy" as Kontent Machine. When I need to do something real quick, I use KM. If I need to get more in-depth and customize a lot, I use CF. If CF was as user friendly and streamlined as KM, I'd probably drop KM. 
  • @jigsaw thanks for the feedback. 

The goal is to make it as easy as possible while still being very flexible and powerful in terms of what it can do. I've already added new user-requested features since CF was released last week, with another update with new features coming in just a few hours. You can open a ticket if you want to make a feature request or provide additional feedback.
  • edited March 2013
    I have been using Kontent Machine now for 2 months and really like it. I can use it for scraping and building content as well it inserts relevant video or images. So it makes the post look reasonable. You still need to hand do your human reviewed web 2.0 but the rest you can use KM. I only recommend software I have tried and use... Also it comes with a 5 or 7 day trial....which is a must in my opinion. If I cannot try a peace of software I usually will never buy it. If the makes is not confident enough to let me try it first then it is most likely not worth much.
  • edited March 2013
    I have signed up for CF too.  Bit more complex than I was hoping so if anyone has any tips on how to easily set up GSA SER projects I am all ears.
  • How does CF set up tiered projects in GSA? 
    Am I expecting to see a number of tiered projects in GSA generated by CF?
    How does CF know which GSA project template to use for each tier?  Looks like I can only select 1 template.

Any chance of providing a run-through of how to setup GSA through CF?
    The only vids I've seen are one by GOY - where he had already set the CF project up, and one by OZinix showing how to tweak GSA templates.

Would be good if the manual provided a worked example.

A quick vid running through creating a project, adding link lists, etc.. and then generating a GSA project would be much appreciated.
  • Video tutorial for the GSA Campaign Generator -> 
  • @Ozinix - thanks very much for creating a vid - and in record time!
    Excellent support with this product