Skip to content

We should be able to set unique generic_anchor_text.dat file for every project

I have composed 2 different projects and I want to use different generic_anchor_text.dat file for each one

Imagine that one project is in japanese and another one is in english

Their generic keywords are obviously different

Another issue

If you do not delete existing unchecked proxies, they are taking huge ram memory even when proxy window is not open. If you delete them, at each proxy re-check, they are checked again and again when they are discovered 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Edit project -> "Folder with data files to use" -> point it to a custom one per project/language/niche -> copy files there that you want to modify -> modify them ;)
  • Sven said:
    Edit project -> "Folder with data files to use" -> point it to a custom one per project/language/niche -> copy files there that you want to modify -> modify them ;)

Question 1: I did as you said

When I edit now i see updated file

However when i click the test button, i still see default generic_anchor_text file

Can you check test button reading folder?

Question 2: Also I am assuming behaviour is like this

Lets say there is default_xyz.dat

If that is in custom folder, it reads from there and if it is not in custom folder, it reads from global default folder?
    Q1) If the file is not present, it will read/edit the file from default location. So make sure you copy the file to the folder before clicking EDIT.

Q2) Yes correct.
  • edited June 2019
    Sven said:
    Q1) If the file is not present, it will read/edit the file from default location. So make sure you copy the file to the folder before clicking EDIT.

Q2) Yes correct.
    The file exists in the selected folder

I have verified that

Also when i click edit button, it opens the correct file

However when i click test button i see global file

Also how can I disable auto scrolling in latest verified 1000 urls panel in the right?

I have analyzed latest submissions and it seems that it is correctly reading the new selected folder file
    with "click TEST" you mean the button to test every data in the blue textmemo?
  • Sven said:
    with "click TEST" you mean the button to test every data in the blue textmemo?
    I mean test here

fixed in next update...it's just cosmetic...as you said, in real submission, it is properly used.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Very cool. Did not know about this folder over-ride feature. :)

Sven, are there other files that do this as well on a per-project basis?

Also:

"I have composed 2 different projects and I want to use different generic_anchor_text.dat file for each one"

I see this as being good, as  I always thought the generics should change/shift with time, and I started a new file a while back, but didn't complete it.

You need a LOT of generic possibilities  to make it useful, no?

I mean, technically, you could get it 100% generics and make generics your KWs, but why do that? I mean, having the benefit of a spread of real-life noncontextual backlinks to round things out and not be imbalanced and KW-heavy and artificial and overdone.

Thanks.