Translation destroys all article outputs

edited June 2019 in Bugs
Hi @sven,

Something has gone horribly wrong with SER's translation of articles.

Every other sentence is not translated, #file_links no longer puts a space at the end of lines, even when using ,S].

Weird numbers and letters are inserted everywhere in the articles

8fd9cdd8f4db2bd633174a12abc58066
8fd9cdd8f4db2bd633174a12abc58066
8fd9cdd8f4db2bd633174a12abc58066

Inserted after every few sentences.

I'm using content templates and #file_links to pull in lines.

EDIT: It seems to be a severe issue with Google translate. I just tested SER version 13.67, and the issue still exists. After searching for that number... I found what seems to be a guy who was using auto-translated content experiencing this error... here you can see a sample of what it looks like:

https://nashayoga.ru/de/sredstva-dlya-pohudeniya/berries-goji-shelter-for-the-winter-growing-of-goji-berries-from-seeds.html
https://cyberbuff.ru/de/vratar-sbornoi-belgii-tibo-kurtua-tibo-kurtua/

Comments

  • edited June 2019
    Every output is completely destroyed.



    Sentences repeat in English and then translated... H2/h3 tags completely destroyed.



    It would be nice if perhaps we could get GTranslate API functionality this way when G does an update to translation, our API keys would still work. Yes it would cost us money to translate articles... but, we wouldn't have to worry about them doing updates that break the free version.

    Thanks!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Accepted Answer
    Kind of nasty bug and I debugged and fixed in latest update. There is not really much we can do to detect this on there free api, but I made some extra check and hope it's safe for the next changes they might add.
  • edited June 2019
    Sven said:
    Kind of nasty bug and I debugged and fixed in latest update. There is not really much we can do to detect this on there free api, but I made some extra check and hope it's safe for the next changes they might add.
    Wow, you definitely  fixed it. Really appreciate the quick action on this man... saved me a lot of headache. Just sent you a donation for your time (sorry not much, but hey it's something).

    If you ever have some extra time, please consider adding in the paid G-Translate API and allow us to enter our API key somewhere. It looks like V3 of the translate API is going to be less expensive from what I can tell. They also give everyone $300 free to 'experiment' with the API, the money lasts for I believe 365 days  (or until it runs out).

    Thanks again!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    thanks for the donation. Yes adding there API might be something I have to consider as more and more customers use that translation to get unique content.
Sign In or Register to comment.