Skip to content

My Google Ranking is Dropping But Other SE's Improving - Any Ideas?

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited March 2013 in Need Help
Just been checking my rankings on a few words and I'm seeing some nice increases in rankings on other SE's across the board (like top 5) but on Google I am not getting ranked in top 100 at all. It's driving me crazy!!! 

This isn't just 1 website or 1 phrase. It's across a number of websites on different hosting accounts and has been for a while (I've been trying to work out what it is for months...but no luck yet!). The websites have a similar layout (i.e. same plugins, site structure, but different content, all hand written) They have a similar overall structure. By this I mean SER project setup, so I'd guess there is something fundamental that is going on that I have missed. I've followed the high quality guidelines on the forum as well as a few others from other SEO forums. It feels like there is 1 thing that is causing this and I'd like to isolate it!!!

I'd really appreciate some assistance from the SER community to help me isolate what's causing this...

Does anybody have any experience here on what I can start to check that impacts Google but not the other SE's? 

Just let me know what data to provide so we can analyse and solve this! 

Could be something like anchor text ratio? Or ratio of homepage links to deep links? Or structure of Web2.0's? Could it be that Web2.0's have the same twitter and facebook accounts on the widget bar? 

I really need a bit of collective knowledge here to direct me where to start looking. 

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Can someone offer some insight on this? Would really appreciate it!
  • It may just be the G dance... if it lasts more than  a week then it might be something else.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    It's been a lot more than a week..try a few months! 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    You would have a better chance of getting that answered on an seo forum.