Skip to content

What performs better? Long articles or short articles?

I was wondering whether the Google still care about the length of the content. Also shouldn't it be about the quality than quantity?

Comments

• lukegage92lukegage92 Buffalo, USA
    You found it! quantity is not a big fact compared to quality.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited May 2019
    "Also shouldn't it be about the quality than quantity?"

Definitely this is what life has become. I'm quite thankful, for one. Google is doing great on this. The Internet used to be full of spam and junk...no longer...

But think of this, too:

If I write a great story about how my neighbors are either have a Tourette's Convention every night or are some real loony toons, if I include pages and pages of relevant details, the content is richer than if I just make a short, but grammatically-correct summary.

This is just logical, no deep SEO-secrets, there. However, this fact does have its implications.

I feel about length like anything else with SEO: 

Why not "change it up", and have your various articles at different lengths, expressing what each needs to, nothing less, nothing more!  The articles should fit the platform you're posting to, if you want to be really on-point. Blasting out a 5000+ word article when the members are usually only at ~1000 makes you stand out.,.,in a BAD way! >_<
    Thanked by 1fredjohn5