Skip to content

regular captcha and text captcha problems

I haven't used GSA for about two weeks (time for some white-hat, also) but with the last update, I see that 2captcha is set to solve text captchas, when in fact they don't solve.

2captcha doesn't solve text captchas (corrected: they said THEY DO SOLVE text captchas). Today I started test posting on Vbulletin blogs and I got a lot of errors for text captchas, which are passed to 2captcha instead of textcaptchasolver.

Question: how can I set 2captcha to solve easy and hard captchas only (it's a dropdown menu, I can choose only one option!) and let textcaptchasolver get the text and questions? It used to work perfectly :(
Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2019
    So I got an email from 2captcha, they DO SOLVE text captchas. But they are sending me warning emails because I send them text captchas. Now, what should I do?

Here's the response:
    Sven is right, our service can solve text captchas as well as other captchas, see our API guide: https://2captcha.com/2captcha-api#solving_captchas 
    Unfortunately we're not familiar with GSA SER configuration so we can't suggest how to configure captcha type selection for a particular service. It's better to ask Sven how to do that correctly.

The question remains: how can I setup 2catpcha for two types of captcha (simple and hard) and have only textcaptchasolver solve the questions/texts?

Or any other configuration in which I can use a text captcha solver? Right now I've stopped, because all I get is errors.
  • I've added 2captcha twice (for easy and hard), added text captcha solver for questions and now I get a lot of: Text Captcha Solver: Empty reply

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited March 2019
    Im sorry, indeed you can only choose to solve one of the types right now. I will change that. Your workaround from the last post is also my suggestion.
    ---
    Why you get an "Empty reply" from the text captcha solver is unkown to me. Maybe you are simulating it with CB ?
  • edited March 2019
    No, CB is not even running.
    I haven't changed my config for captcha as it was pretty basic: 2captcha for any kind of img captcha and recaptcha and textcaptchasolver for questions/text.

But as I saw a lot of errors coming in today, I checked and now I am stuck with this issue.

There are two problems here:

1. 2captcha can be set for "everything", but it does not work with questions (you can try it :)) even though they say it should work (at least on their part). So, I think this might be a bug in GSA.

2. textcaptchasolver is not working properly after this update. I have no idea why, but something is wrong. I contacted them and they said "all is ok, send screenshots".
  • edited March 2019
    Here are some of the captchas I've sent and 2captcha discarded them as "non-captcha":

numeric = 0
    phrase = 0
    regsense = 0
    min_len = 0
    max_len = 0
    is_russian = 0
    language = 0
    calc = 0
    question = 0
    id_constructor = 0
    header_acao = 0
    user_ip = edited
    textinstructions = Random Question: Type the word four eyed pride without spaces between the three words.

numeric = 0
    phrase = 0
    regsense = 0
    min_len = 0
    max_len = 0
    is_russian = 0
    language = 0
    calc = 0
    question = 0
    id_constructor = 0
    header_acao = 0
    user_ip = edited
    textinstructions = Blue and what other colour make up Green Stuff?

as you can see, it cannot process text captchas

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    can you send me the login details for your text captcha setup in pm to debug?
  • pm sent
  • I've switched off textcaptcha --> 2captcha, because 90% of the captchas sent were unsolvable. I had a quick manual check and they are (in no particular order)
    1) some sort of thing (who knows what) in Arabic, Chinese, Japanese or even other languages and character set, 
    2) difficult questions that only an insider can answer
    3) questions about other part of that page (a really clever protection from bots)
    and only 10% were theoretically solvable questions like "
    five plus three equals?"