Skip to content

How do I know GSA contact is done scraping websites?

How do I know GSA contact is done scraping websites? 

I only put 4 keywords.  I let it run for an hour and it is still pulling sites with a 10 thread scraping, but at what point I know there isn't any more to scrape? 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you should see that in the log. Also it depends on your settings in project. There is a setting that keeps your keyword progress in mind. If that is not turned on, it will start all over again once a search finished for all search engines/keywords.
  • Man.. could you tell me where exactly is that setting not to repeat the scraping?   I left it running over night and got 5 thousand possible sites from 4 keywords, but I can't see an on/off setting not to re-scrape if it was already done.
  • I see the "skip keywords that have been processed" is that the setting? 
    yes..but as long as you get targets, isn't that a good thing?
  • Yes, if it keeps getting more sites that is good, just want to make sure it doesn't keep looping into the same.

The first 800 came within minutes, the other 4 thousand took hours, and I think it is pulling more but much slower.

Also, I suppose I can add new keywords and it won't repeat a site? 

yes you can add new keywords and it will use them as well.
    looping is no problem as there can't be same websites per project.
  • Thanks...  I have notice some increase in website visits when sending email campaigns with this tool.   Of course I would like more visits, but the tool seems to be spreading the word.  Very nice.