emails, then immediately delete from the server? Or does it download all
email messages, and once the entire verification process is complete,
delete from the email server?

Thanks!

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Cory? Is that you? :P
  • Yes. Hi! I like the monkey avatar.
  • Where can I find the "Delete all messages" setting? I'm searching for an option to force the email download for one account.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It deletes all emails after verification. No data is lost when using this option if thats your question.
  • I'm actually using a catchall email account and was wondering if it simply downloaded all emails, then immediately deleted from the server. If so, then it probably would hardly affect other campaigns and would be quite useful.
  • I just found out, after many tests, that this feature doesn't work: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2161/delete-messages-if-older-than-not-working#Item_9

Hopefully other members can test it and see if that is the case for them as well.
  • I am actually referring to the Delete all setting, not the if older than # days option. I've never tested that option.

*Once again, I would simply like to know the exact timing at which you delete the emails from the server Sven, for example, after SER downloads all emails, do you immediately delete from the email server?

OR, does is delete each email one at a time after verification?

I really appreciate your time.
  • I really appreciate any answers you can offer. Would love to know how this works.
  • edited February 2013
    SER deletes the message once it has found a link to verify.
  • That which you are referring to is actually a setting called "Delete message when verification link is found".

I am referring to a setting called, "Delete all messages (even if not related to a submission done)"
  • Let me re-phrase my question to help:

In reference to a setting called, "Delete all messages (even if not related to a submission done)":

I would simply like to know the exact timing at which you
    delete all emails from the server, for example, after SER downloads
    all emails, do you immediately delete ALL from the email server?

OR, does it delete ALL emails after verification is complete?

Thanks!
    On each login it will download all unread emails, parse them, verify them and delete them all.
  • Okay, so it deletes them all AFTER it is done verifying them?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

What if between the time of step 1 download and step 4 delete, more unread emails come in? Then you will be issuing a delete all and delete other new, unread emails.

Once again, please note that I am referring to the "Delete all messages (even if not related to a submission done)" setting.
    No, you don't understand how pop3 protocol works. In the end I have to issue a DELETE command with the ID of the message I have read. I do that for all emails I can see. So no other email is deleted.
  • Okay, thank you. And thanks for being patient with my ignorance! I appreciate all that you do!