Skip to content

should links from chinese sites be avoided

hi, should we avoid links from chinese content sites. there are a few cmses that are mostly chinese sites.
or can they be used at lower tiers ?

Comments

• yes.. even French, German, Dutch on an English blog 

What I do is always setup GSA SER to check the content before adding a link on it.. so setting up the language, and region of backlinks.

But.. depends what your doing? 
    Are you trying to create a churn and burn site? if not.. avoid this
  • @fredpanda no. not necessarily. If you are selling to Chinese consumers, then I would argue that you should disregard sites from english sites. Remember, NO ONE in China uses Google, Facebook and Instagram. In the West we tend to think we are the center of the online universe. We aren't. So it depends on what you are doing with your business. If you have affiliate sites and are after conversions, then yes, you would be wasting time + resource with links from Chinese language sites.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 2018
    "yes.. even French, German, Dutch on an English blog "

@matzedoon: I've read ppl say this before. But why is this bad for non churn-n-burn sites?

If some of your user base speaks Chinese and/or lives/works/travels to China, why would SEs penalize you for trying to reach out to them? I'm just thinking about this from a purely marketing, non-SEO point of view.

And from a SEs' point of view, they would be needlessly penalizing companies/websites that sell across languages/markets/continents, but some of the highest ranking sites are multinational, and also multilingual.
  • There is nothing wrong with the backlinks from Chinese websites as long as the site is clear..
    BTW, there are MANY people in China using Google/Facebook, etc.
    edited January 2018
    Are backlinks simply for weight, or also for marketing/promotion? :*:*:*

I know we all want link juice, but when we can actually ALSO target an audience at the same time, I feel that's best.
  • It's just so dumb. Chinese is the second most spoken language in the world, after English. What's wrong with posting links on these chinese websites? There are a ton of legit chinese sites out there.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    "It's just so dumb. Chinese is the second most spoken language in the world, after English."

Still, these ideas persist, depriving Chinese-speaking people, worldwide -- why assume a Chinese speaker in London or Paris won't use the site, too?! --  the opportunity to buy many products that they might otherwise take interest in.