Skip to content

Proxy Sources Dried Up??

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited January 2018 in Other / Off Topic
I notice that my revolving proxies (for google scraping) are mostly blocked this week.

AND...I notice that among the many public proxy sources, there aren't a lot of Google-passed proxies around, either.  Is this usual for January??

(I did find PRIVATE proxies for the first time!! Too bad I saved it the wrong way, with ALL info, instead of the usual format of IP, port, user, and PW.)  :(

Hmm..Just went in and found them again (all info INCLUDES source!) ...too bad they don't work. lol  Still was fun finding them!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    there are indeed not many public proxies passing google lately. I don't know why though.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 2018
    Sven, I've been exploring the many(!) proxy sources. A lot of junky proxies so far, mostly. lol But there's less overlap than I'd have thought...there are a lot of public proxies out there every day, even if the quality is on the low side. If I knew when they refreshed, that would be very good. If I had a task automator, I could determine this. :*
    GSA Proxy Scraper will monitor the sources and scrape good once more often than those who update less often.
    Cool that the process is already automated. I don't have the standalone GSA-PS program. I didn't know it did anything different than the module included with SER. 

Very good to know. Thanks, Sven.
    edited January 2018
    Wow! I never bothered to really check out the GSA Proxy Scraper! I demoed a bunch of other GSA products, but I didn't think to check if the PS program was different. I see there are lots of additional features. So, I'll definitely be downloading the demo when I know I have a few days to play with it and check it out.  :)

I have fun with the GSA-SER internal proxy scraper, so the standalone is going to be more fun, as the port scanning and other cool options add more choices.

Most probably, more GSA software on my list to buy.  :p
    Oh yes that proxy program is way more advanced than the module in other GSA products. It has many additional tools and sources. That internal proxy server makes it easy to be used with any other program.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • so does it mean that if I have GSA proxy scraper so I can find even more and better free proxy (just like the proxy finder feature in the GSA SER)? It's because now I see very few (there are only 13 urls in the left box in the proxy finder) and none of them works:-( compared to last year where I found soooooo many urls.
    GSA Proxy Scraper can find many more proxies and can find them faster and test them in more intervals (more monitor them).
    However, there should still be plenty of proxy sources in SER, not just a few. I have added over 2000 sources for latest update.
    Definitely on my to-buy list for Spring 2018!!!!!!!!!!!

Truthfully, my issue is which GSA product I would be able to benefit most immediately from.

There's no doubt I could use:  CAPTCHA Breaker, Content Generator, as well as Proxy Scraper.

I know CG comes last; I'm not at that stage yet.

Probably CB. It saves money. That has to come first.  :D