Skip to content

Restore PI Projects From an Old Installation

I recently switched to another server. I created an image of my windows installation, but for some reason it won't run and I have no access to the old server anymore. I have all the data of that disk on which PI was installed, but it cannot run. I made the mistake not to export the projects before disabling that server. I had a good setup and I really cannot remember my exact settings of those projects. I need to restore them from the old disk files.

I've noticed that Platform Identifier holds some settings files in this folder:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\GSA Platform Identifier

And I copied all of those files

bldatabase.sqlite
bldatabase.sqlite-journal
engines.json
settings.gpi

to the new server, however the projects are not loaded. I really need some help over here as I need those projects restored. Is there any way to do that currently in my situation?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited January 2018
    @spiritfly- Did you see a projects.json file in that folder? You need that file for the projects. It's always best to right click on projects > backup all ... just to be on the safe side. :(
  • I never saw a projects.json file in that folder even though I had a few projects active, it's really weird. Not sure how it disappeared, but it is my fault. It was a rushed decision to move my server and I had to do it during one night while I was sleepy.

Thanks for the info @s4nt0s , happy new year! :)
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Ya sorry about that, I know its frustrating to lose your settings/projects. Happy New Year to you too! :)