Skip to content

[FEATURE] Check Connection Status

MrXMrX Germany
edited February 2013 in Feature Requests
Hey Sven and folks, I know you got alot to do but this seems to be just a little but handy feature request.
I am using GSA on my "old" machine which is located somewhere in my flat just connected to the internet and power supply. If someone in the flat cuts the internet connection or for some reason, the computer gets disconnected due to some router problems, thousands and thousand of submissions run into nowhere. Well that's not that good but it's even worse if verification threads run into nowhere and so get marked as unverified.
Would it be possible to built in an sheduled "is the connection alive" check every X minutes to check if the machine is properly connected ?
Thank you for reading this ;)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Aren't there other programs on the market that do these checks? 
  • MrXMrX Germany
    There are but I wanted GSA to stop if the connection is broken if thats possible.
  • I'm with Sven.....there are a ton of free programs that will monitor your email connection. Seems a bit out of the scope for SER. HOWEVER, you should be using private proxies, and if you are, then choose the "disable bad proxies" feature and this will let you know when your connection is an issue, but ONLY if your there by your computer and able to monitor it.

If not, your better off downloading a program to do this for you. There are some out there that will email or text message you when your connection is down.
  • MrXMrX Germany
    Hm maybe I'm stupid today and dont get your point or I explained my request wrong ;)

I'll try again:
    - computer is properly connected an running SER
    - SER scrapes sites and fires links like a boss
    - suddenly: my physical internet connection is gone (not proxy broken or something else)
    - SER failes to scrape, failes to post, failes to verify
    - SER marks the sites as "broken"

But if SER would have known in the first place that my connection broke and it's not the target sites which are offline, it could have just stopped all projects and so prevent the false unverified links etc

Sorry for any inconvenience guys
  • if you add this feature please make it optional
    because i keep resetting my connection :)
    or at least it should periodically check and if connection back resume
    that would be cool :) check like every 30 seconds
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

If your using scraped proxies, it could return the same error is you get a lot of download failed

If your connection is that bad, run ser on a vps

• MrXMrX Germany
    @CE of course, should be optional and with auto resume like you said.
    @LeeG thats what I mean, I dont want it to be about proxies and stuff, it's just a single thread, with direct connection that checks if connection is alive by pinging e.g. google.com
    Buying a vps is not a real alternative as I got everything I need local without paying for it.
  • I dont see any need for this.. you can use 3rd party for that..
  • MrXMrX Germany
    how would 3rd party tool tell gsa to stop submissions ?