Skip to content

Option To Reprocess Lists

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited February 2013 in Feature Requests
Under tools we have option to remove duplicate URL's and domains.

SER is continually updating and new platforms being added and old ones improved. I'd like to see the option of being able to re-process a sitelist. 

I.e. take the failed list and let SER run through it and see if it can find any new targets.

OR take the identified list and let SER check it to see that it can still use the URL's found in there and remove any that aren't working. 

OR take the submitted and check that it can still identify all the platforms. 

So many users are using global lists and if you've been running SER for over 1 year, the lists will be full of broken links and dead sites, and broken platforms. Would be nice to be able to update these. 

Comments

• MrXMrX Germany
    You can define where GSA saves all your lists in the options screen. So if you for example set up a dummy project, you would be able to re-run all the lists manually by loading them from the folder to the project!
  • @Global- I don't really understand, you can do this now with SER. Export and Import of sites lists. If you wanna do it on per project basis, then you can do it by using these steps: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2379/resubmissions-of-submitted-urls-process#Item_3
    You actually commented on this thread......
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    If I were to export the "Failed" list as a .sl file.

Then if I went to import and select the .sl file, it doesn't check the list if the links are valid or anything. Might as well not bother with that...

I'd like it to be able to recheck a list to see if all is still working.
    1) Website is still alive and not dead
    2) Platform is still able to be recognised. 

Otherwise, you just end up using old sites to try and post to with your global list.