Skip to content

.Sl Files

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited February 2013 in Need Help
Under Tools Sitelists I save each to a specific folder on my desktop.

When I try and import a sitelist it's asking for a .sl file? But all my files in my Failed, Identified lists are .txt files?

1) Is there a way to import a whole folder with all the .txt files within it? (I have many .txt's within each folder as they are saved according to platform)
2) What is the .sl file and where is it kept?

Comments

• When you export sitelists it is save as .sl file. Thats why its asking for .sl file on import.

For .txt file you need to replace it with current files. or merge them to current files.

• 1) Advanced > Tools > Export Site Lists > Choose your Site List then choose Advanced > Tools > Import Site Lists on the 2nd computer/2nd SER version you want to import.

2) .sl file is saved to the folder you specify at the selection stated above in #1. Pretty straighforward stuff.

You can't export your list from SER as a text file, but you CAN import .txt site lists. I have done this before. If you want to a export your list as a text file, then download a program called "FileMerge" (Free). Once done, it will merge all those txt documents within your verified or submitted or identified folder, together as one single text file.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited February 2013
    @grafx77 - when you import your site list after an export, does it then check and re-sort the platforms and discard bad entries?
  • Well if you export the list from SER, I'm sure it sorts everything according to platform, as it is probably exported according to platform..........BUT I guess we'll never know since it is a .sl file and we cannot view it. I guess Sven would have to answer that one.

Bad entries? You mean urls that don't load? Again, if your exporting from the submitted/verified list, then all urls should be "loadable and working" as the identified list would carry the bad entries.
    You can always create your own text file by using the FileMerge program I mentioned above and run it through SB to see if the urls are viable.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    When you import an .sl file it doesn't resort the platform. 

Bad entries...are sites where the login page has changed, the sites have gone down....remember that after a year of running SER, the original sites are still in sitelists. @svenThat's why there should be a way for it to run in the background and filter and recheck the sitelists. Maybe allocate 1 or 2 threads to this.