Skip to content

New Feature Can't Be Found IN .prj Files

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited February 2013 in Need Help
The option to use "put keywords in quotes" is not coming up in any of my .prj files. I have the latest version in SER. 

In many of the .prj files this line is completely missing:
use quotes in se query=0

What causes these new features to get added to the .prj files? Is it only when we edit a project, or change priority, or have edited field or is it only once a project has run for a bit that it get's updated to the .prj files?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    thats added if you edit the project once ;) But can't you just add a new line to [options] ?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven

It's just I use notepad++ find and replace in all files to make changes across all the projects (over 100), so that's why I was curious as it only found it in some. 

1) Is the order of the [options] important? I.e. can I place the line anywhere below [options] tag?
    2) Any idea how to separate files that have it in [options] - so I can do a find and replace, and those that don't, where I need to add a new line? (I have been working on the projects so don't know which have been opened or not) Or do I have to manually check each .prj?
    3) When you mean edit, can I just change the priority or the platforms? I.e. this way I can use the groups, and edit something that impacts them all, i.e. edit all T1's options, and it will then add in the new line into [options] without editing the projects data.  

• edited February 2013
    When I have to add something like this GG to a bunch of projects in N++ I open a project that isn't already ticked into N++ and copy that to a new document in N++ for comparison later.

Then I change it in SER and save it.

Going back to N++ it will say that the file has been changed elsewhere and ask you to update? Click yes to update and you have the original (copy) and the updated file to compare.

Using the N++ plugin Compare (google notepad++ plugin compare) I then compare the files to see what was added. With compare it throws the files side by side with a navigator showing you the differences in an obvious way.

I then use that new knowledge of what has been added to do a global replace on all *.prj files in the projects folder including the new line that has to be added.

Sven mentions just copying it under the [options] section which you can locate in N++

I then use in N++ find in files / replace in files "[options]" with "[options]\nnew option to be added=1" ( minus the " of course)

Usually I will test the replace locally on a file to be sure I have what I want to happen and before I do a global replace I always backup the entire projects folder to idiot proof my latest changes in case I really muff it and can't reverse it easily.

I don't think the order matters. This only edits the projects files themselves and not the data associated with it (from what I understand)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @nicerice -
    1) How do you do that with over 100 files? The compare as it seems be between one file and another?
    2) How do you add in 1 line into 100 files automatically? find and replace I don't think works, because it won't add a line. Maybe a macro?
    Just learning this aspect of SER.