Skip to content

Using proxies for PR checking

edited February 2013 in Need Help
In the proxies settings, there are the options:

Use proxies: Other (PR)
Use proxies for PR checking

Do they have different functions? Or I must choose both options to use proxies for PR checking?

And If I want to use proxies Everywhere, I don't need to check the "Use proxies for PR checking" box, am I right?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• If you use proxies everywhare but don't check use proxies for pr... then you will use proxies for everything except PR checking...  hope that helps
  • mmm @ivmlr1 i think this is a redundant option because of the possible variables.

e.g. lets say i want to use proxies for posting and PR but not for search... i need to select use proxies (for postin) and thick the box use proxies for PR to have both funciton working.

or lets say i want to use proxies for search and PR but not for posting... i need to select use proxies (for search) and thick the box use proxies for PR to have both functions working.

but if you just want to use proxies for PR, if you choose other (PR), i dont think you need to select Use proxies for PR checking because those options do the same.

I am not that sure about this only @sven can answer this but the logic tells me that i am correct.

maybe sven can "normalize" this, and put i all in that box and use combinations options like:

Use proxies: for search and PR
    Use proxes: for posting and PR
    Use proxies: for search and posting
    Use proxies: search only
    Use proxies: posting only
    Use proxies: PR only
    Use proxies: everywhere