Skip to content

Any cheap Dedicated Servers for GSA?

edited February 2013 in Need Help
I am thinking of moving to Dedi server. Any recommendations? My budget isn't much so please give me a cheaper and best solution
Tagged:

Comments

• pm me with your budget
  • budget is around $50 a month. Not much
  • ronron SERLists.com

Good luck on that. When you enter into an arrangement for a dedicated server, you are kind of buying it but just spread out over x months.

You will typically find that you need a minimum 1 year agreement, and an average of around $150 per month. It does vary, but that's pretty close. And it will heavily depend on how decent of a processor, RAM, bandwidth and internet connection.

So you may find a cheap deal. And if you do, then your Spidey Sensors should be tingling.  

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @hoolak

I think you need to look around and get a general idea what dedicated servers cost, and then reconsider your budget.
    You will not find a reliable dedicated server for $50 that i can guarantee you, especially if you add in windows OS, manage support, decent amount of ram and a reliable cpu with a handfull of ip's

Your $50 will get you a bottom end VPS --- For budget option with crap support and plenty of downtime, look at Berman hosting, for something more reliable, better support, less downtime, look at powerup hosting..

Good luck
  • I heard a lot of OVH. They are offering some great specs for cheap price and they are pretty popular too. Even hetzner sounds good. Is anyone of you using them?
  • They are not spam compliant.
  • What are the negatives for just buying a higher end PC dedicated to the tasks you need? If you have a decent ISP and running everything thru proxies/VPN?
  • 50 bucks is more like a midrange vps price really.

You should wait (doing stuff that is) until your seo efforts brings enough money that justifies the boost and cost of having a dedi.
  • edited February 2013
    I used to have sites that got bit over 1 mil visitors a month, after my shared hosting service said "go buy" dedicated server from us, because we can't take a load of 10K people a day and CPU is above 25% ... I said: Well your dedicated server would cost me $350 ....

So I went to cloud, I know that many people are not in favor of it but for my purpose it was the best... now running software in cloud I think you can get by with $50 for low end server ....

Might want to take baby steps and go with vps or cloud server...

If its for gsa , I recently (2 days ago) purchased vps for $23 from berman hosting and am quite happy with it ( so far)... This was my net speed: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2520624026.png

Edit: One thing I noticed by other users is they were not in favor of berman due to running such tools as we are, yet they are ok with if you are using proxys.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @gsalover - also use Berman, but the CPU is maxing out on a similar plan to yours and it's quite a jump to next plan...
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @scp - Right now I have Comcast Burst which is 36Mbps - but slows down when neighbors get home. I am thinking instead of VPS to get Comcast Business Class instead. 100Mbps dedicated speed. Already have a 3.4 Ghz AMD quad with 8 Gb Ram. No bandwidth issues. The only missing element is "guaranteed speed".
  • You can buy dedicated server at OVH for less than $50, but more if you take Windows license into account.

At $50, it's best to start with VPS.
  • @ron - Do you notice a dip in your LPMs when the bandwidth speed decreases? Do you think you'll see increased results from jumping to the dedicated speed?
  • ronron SERLists.com

I sure do see a dip. One of the things you notice if the bandwidth speed decreases on your connection is that the proxies suddenly go from .6 sec to 4.0 sec, 5.0 sec, etc. Everybody thinks they have crap proxies when in reality it is your internet connection.

Since my system architecture is strong, my only weak link is internet connection speed. It is something I am sure will help.

The downside is power outtages which do happen in storms. And then there's the vacation thing. So each solution has its pros and cons. 

• edited February 2013
    I have the OVH i5 server and it is screaming fast. Very pleased. Running Windows Server 2012... and there are creative options on mydigitallife forums to eliminate Windows fee.
  • @Vbking. Kindly share the link to eliminate the Windows fee. I might try out OVH with Hyper V as paying additional 20 a month is stupid just for OS
  • @VbKing :Are you running it with proxies or without proxies?