Skip to content

exploit links & pinging & various other questions

1. do php exploit links count as links ?
& how to export just these links ? (no other platforms )

none of these links have been found at all, and its these exploit links it is doing the most.

2.  "url shortener" platforms - none are selected in the default GSA, is it best to not use these ?

3.  why arent "blog comment" platforms selected in the default GSA

4. why is "blog comment" articles ? - because it needs articles to work. so "blog comments" are web 2.0 articles ?

5.  why is'nt wordpress in "blog comments"

6.   some verified links are not there on the site, such as blog comments, the links that are "verified" are not there.

7.  does it only ping at the end of all of its tasks ?
because if i am using it on a pc, & turning the pc off, will the verified links still get pinged ?

the links ive done so far, very few are getting found.

if you "select all" verified links (control a)     then "right click" & select "index ping selected urls" you can select "all services" or "ping urls"
i have been selecting both of these intermittently, to no avail, hardly any of the links get indexed (less than 1%)  i would not expect 100 % to get indexed, because of the sites they are on & the low pr etc, but virtually none of them are getting indexed, am i  using the ping feature correctly ?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    1. They count only if you link them somewhere on an attached tier. However I coded that platform just as an example so others can get a clue whats possible with the script engine. Personally I would not use them for serious SEO.

2. Actually just Comment platforms and Indexer is selected by default. Thats not something you would want to choose for your money sites. So don't count that as a good setup when it comes to engine selection. URL Shorteners however are a good idea when you use them as very first tier where it only builds links to that type of sites and then add a tier next to it so that you send the url shorted links anywhere and not the main one.

3. they are?

4. I don't understand the question. However read my answer to your 2nd question as the engine selection done by default on a new project it not something you should use for your money site.

5. thats covered by "General Blogs" engine as nearly all major platforms when it comes to comments.

6. that can have two reasons:
    • a) the link is there but you don't see it unless looking in source
    • b) it is already on another page as when verified it might be on page 1 of the comments and later on reverifying it might have moved to page 2 as more comments have been placed.
    7. The links get pinged right on verification (when seen as being online and visible to everyone).

8. You mean you have checked if the links are indexed after pinging? Well just ping is not a good way to get them indexed. I have my doubts that this method works at all these days. Also keep in mind that this is just for comment engines, your more valuable links like articles are not really indexed if you just send a ping. And then what other indexing services did you configure and how did you check if they have been indexed or not?
  • 3.  why arent "blog comment" platforms selected in the default GSA
    3. they are?

the individual platforms are deselected.

2.URL Shorteners however are a good idea when you use them as very first tier where it only builds links to that type of sites and then add a tier next to it so that you send the url shorted links anywhere and not the main one.

i dont understand this bit, use URL Shorteners for tier 1 for money site, but i dont understand the second bit ?

4. what i meant was - "blog comments" are comments on blogs, but these need articles, as in web 2.0's ,

5. thats covered by "General Blogs" engine as nearly all major platforms when it comes to comments.
    where is the link to "General Blogs" engines/platforms ?
    3. create a new project and you will see that blog comments are selected by default

a) create a project with money site as url + url shorteners as only engine type
    b) add a tier to that project with all the engine types you want to build links to your money site. BUT with this little "trick" you are building links as....

OTHER-SITE --[link-to]--> URL Shortner --[link-to]--> money site

4. blog comments do not need articles!?

5. what link? The engine is selected by default under the "blog comment" section.
  • Thank you Sven,

but

"2.

a) create a project with money site as url + url shorteners as only engine type
    b) add a tier to that project with all the engine types you want to build links to your money site. BUT with this little "trick" you are building links as....

OTHER-SITE --[link-to]--> URL Shortner --[link-to]--> money site

why not just include the url shorteners as part of the same project ?
    because that will build links with visible money site url which most people do not want.
  • 4. why is "blog comment" articles ? - because it needs articles to work. so "blog comments" are web 2.0 articles ?

a "blog comment" is a "comment"  - probably 10 words
    a "blog article" is an "article"  - probably 350 - 600 words (whatever)

when i select the platform "blog comment"  i can select a few that just do comments on blogs, such as "general blogs" does comments on wordpress blogs

but when i select others it asks for "articles" & wont allow me to select those unless i put some articles in there.

i was/am confused by the description & categories of the sites, because the blogs with "articles" would be used for a higher tier & the "blog comments" would be used on a lower tier to link to them + other sites.

some engines allow more than just on link type. You can see what engine does what when clicking the HELP label. You can also right click on the article listing and disable all engines that use that.