Skip to content

Questions about Private Proxies, Bans, and Best Practices

Hey GSA-SER ppl...I have an important question...

Public proxies seemed good enough for a number of tasks, so far, in my use of GSA-SER. And, they are still good for lots of stuff.  I thought private proxies were a waste, just there for people too lazy or busy to scrape for public proxies. lol

Now, I definitely have a need for private proxies as well!

I see that many of the public proxies are banned on certain better CMSes with certain plug-ins that are installed to prevent forum spam.  I was sad because I did so much to NOT be like that in every other way with these projects.

I see it was the IP and nothing else because on the report sites I found the e-mail addresses I used on, there were multiple other e-mails that weren't mine associated with those same IPs.

I don't know much about Private Proxies for use with GSA-SER.

So, any links to guides or explanations would be very much appreciated! Thank anyone with more info. I am starting with very little.

Do the private proxy  IPs also get identified and banned by such apps?

If so, is there something we can do to protect against that and keep the proxies fresh?

Do these apps, and the databases behind them, store the IP and e-mail ONLY, or do they also pattern match against what's been attempted to be posted on the sites opting in for the service?

I know,  it's a multi-tiered question. lol

Comments

• purehustlepurehustle GoliathSER.com - Verified Lists, Private Proxies, Catch-all Emails
    Hey man, hope you've made some headway with this topic. 

getting your feet wet, you can definitely use public proxies. just keep in mind that most proxies are short-lived, heavily spammed, and not too reliable. If you have a big pool of sites that give you fresh proxies, and you scrape them frequently, you should be okay. 

otherwise, be sure to grab like 10-20 private/shared proxies. thats your next step. 
  • purehustlepurehustle GoliathSER.com - Verified Lists, Private Proxies, Catch-all Emails
    oh - and I almost forgot. Be sure to use a decent amount of emails too. Those are quick to get flagged and can really lower your success rate. do like 5-10 per project (imho)
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    @purehustle, I appreciate your comments.  I now see that public proxies have a use, but that use may be somewhat limited.

Do you suggest ten catch-alls, then? 

Why do some say to avoid using a catch-all account?

@Deeeeeeee

eh, some suggest catch-alls, I'm fine with regular emails. they work for me. In my experience catch-alls will help, but marginally.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    I'm thinking my question about pattern matching is silly.

Of course, if I spin to a high percentage of uniqueness, I will have no footprint, even if there is pattern matching against content from identified proxy IPs.  lol
  • If you have a proxy scanner like GSA Proxy Scraper you can set up rules to test the proxies against a site you want to use them. Not as perfect as paying for shared/private proxies but not as expensive either. It's kind of free given that you have the tool already :) I used to do it when I was after expired wordpress and it worked well.
    yeah thats true @TheGypsy , I agree with what you said. However, the reality of dealing with random-life, random-reliability proxies gets super old fast. I recommend just getting cheap proxies if you can afford them. it saves so many headaches.
  • Yes Private proxies ban but you can use other country proxies.