Skip to content

Test Proxies In GSA Not Working?

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Hi guys,

Does anyone else have problems with the test proxy function in GSA?  I'm finding some all my proxies bought from buyproxies comes in as failed when I test them but I know they are good because I tested them for multiple googles manually in scrapebox and I had just bought them as well.

Comments

• @sonic81

i remember reading in a thread you are using virtualbox

for some reason even after i tried tweaking sb and gsa, virtualbox somehow limits resources

switched both installs to my main comp and now thing working well.

maybe that could be a restricting/contributing factor
  • Yeah...I have the same problem. I have PMed Sven and he has even tested some of my proxies - and gets the same results. I have ended up using http://www.alexa.com and "global" for the test - and all proxies tested ok. All other test sites and strings that I tried gave varying results (even though I knew all the proxies were good).

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The latest version (did a silent update late evening) will resolve this. The problem was that when you e.g. checked www.google.com from a German IP, you where redirected to www.google.de and in the html body you would not see the test string. This however is now handled as well.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @sonic81 - Yeah, I think everybody has that issue. It sounds like @sven might have fixed it. Regardless, like you noted - the proxies work. So I quit testing them because I know better.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I had a different issue. I have 2 proxy providers and I combine all the proxies. 

On one VPS all proxies work.
    On another VPS, if I use only proxy provider 1 they all work, but when I combine proxies from provider 2, the provider 1 proxies don't work but provider 2 proxies work. (so half work and half don't work)
    On another VPS, it's the inverse of the other. I.e. 2 works, on it's own, but when combined with proxies from provider 1, then provider 2 proxies show as failed. 

So now I split them up as this just baffles me and proxies always work!
  • cool thanks guys @ron @sven @skyf