Skip to content

Break articles down into lines

Hey,

Thinking about buying GSA Content Generator.

Curious if the program has a function to break articles down into lines. Wicked Article Creator used to do this, until the new owners ruined the program and removed this function.

Can GSA CG break articles down into lines and export? If not, is it possible to add this feature? I created databases of content / spin them and pull them in using content templates in GSA.

Looking for a way to create new databases since WAC doesn't work anymore.

Thanks!

Comments

• Basically the process would be

Scrape -> Break down lines lines

Fairly easy process, I created a mini-script to do this function, but it's just a simple php code that replaces ?, ., !, etc with a line break. But php has it's limits and it doesn't work that well with massive blocks of text.

WAC also used to have a feature where you could remove lines with X words, and only keep lines with X words. But I can use a 3 year old version of WAC to do these functions, mainly curious of GSA CG can break down content into lines, or if this function could be added.

Thanks.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you have this already (if I understood correctly what you need). On article export you would choose: All Sentences in One Text File
  • edited July 2017
    Would this break all the scraped articles down into lines and put them into a text file?

Downloading the demo version now, will see what happens.
  • edited July 2017
    @Sven

I'm running a test with EzineArticles only, one keyword (a common keyword - has 4,000 results on Ezine), "Keyword must be in title" checked.

On Content Generator, I've disabled everything, as all I want to do is download the articles and break them down into lines. I don't need the program to insert any links, or do any spinning, as I have existing techniques for all this.

I just need raw keyword-based articles, and then to break them down into lines without inserting anything.

I see what you mean "All Sentences in One Text File," seems like this may work -- but I can't get the program to scrape articles. I watched the tutorial video, but didn't help. What am I doing wrong?

[03:42:34] Starting "Scraping Articles..."...
    [03:42:35] Last page: 1 | Results: 0 | URL: http://ezinearticles.com/?cat=Business:Job-Search-Techniques
    [03:42:35] Saving content to disk...
    [03:42:35] Removing duplicates...
    [03:42:35] Starting "Removing duplicate content"...
    [03:42:35] Starting "Filtering Content..."...
    [03:42:35] Starting "Generating Articles..."...
    [03:42:35] SameArticle: extracting paragraphs and titles...
    [03:42:35] Sorry, not enough content to create any article. Try to select more sources or use more keywords.
    [03:42:35] Starting "Inserting Spin syntax..."...
    [03:42:35] Starting "Inserting Spin syntax..."...
    [03:42:35] Finished.

@seoaddict there is another engine using the bing cache, did you try that one as well? I have however modified that ezine engine now to scrape correctly on next update
  • edited July 2017
    @sven
    Can I somehow disable the Content Generator portion and just scrape the articles? It seems to be wanting to construct articles, but I just want the raw articles, without any altering.

I tried the same keyword, used Bing Ezine cache. Content Generator "Same Article".

Note: I replaced the actual keyword with "keyword" to hide what word I'm using.

[21:05:11] Starting "Scraping Articles..."...
    [21:05:12] Saving content to disk...
    [21:05:12] Removing duplicates...
    [21:05:12] Starting "Removing duplicate content"...
    [21:05:12] Starting "Filtering Content..."...
    [21:05:12] Starting "Generating Articles..."...
    [21:05:12] MixSentence: extracting sentences and titles...
    [21:05:12] Sorry, not enough content to create any article. Try to select more sources or use more keywords.
    [21:05:12] Starting "Inserting Spin syntax..."...
    [21:05:12] Starting "Inserting Spin syntax..."...
    [21:05:12] Finished.

Still doesn't get / save any articles.
  • Hmm I typed in multiple keywords and seems to pull a little bit of content... I used "mix sentences". Going to do some more testing.
    seems as you use proxies who are blocked? Please check your internet/connection setup. It seems as no result is getting pulled from search engines.
  • I tested the proxies for Bing before running. Multiple keywords pulls some content, but it's a pretty small amount. Will keep testing, only have a few days though sadly to determine if I want to buy it.
    well if you leave your login details in pm, i might be able to connect this evening and check if you want. Im sure something with internet connection is wrong, though would be nice to know details and fix it to assure others see full potential of the software on trial.