Skip to content

Looking for a way to automate creation/editing of projects

Hi,

I'm currently creating tier 1 links with my own custom programs, and I'm looking for a way to automatically import the tier 1 links to currently running projects in SER which will create the tier 2. I also want these projects to be running 24/7.

Currently I'm right clicking the projects and importing the new URLs, but I'm looking to do this automatically and I'm happy to code something to do this. Ideally I would be able to run this indefinitely without having to change anything in SER. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    I have always did this manually and just accepted it but maybe @Sven could add a macro to load from file?

I'm guessing you could then add something to your custom tool to auto export the URLs your tools build to a .txt and then if Sven is able to add the macro SER would be able to pick the URLs up from the .txt for you.

Not sure if there is already a way to do this tbh with the macros.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    if you mean target urls for the project to submit to, then simply copy the urls to a file called <project name>.new_targets or create that file if not existing.
  • Hi Sven,

I don't mean the target URLs, I mean the main project URLs(submission urls?).

I want SER to create tier 2 from the URLs I have already.

Many thanks,
    then create a dummy project and use the external api feature to import verified urls.
    add a tier to that one and you have what you want.
  • Hi Sven,

Thanks, I'm testing that now, seems to be working well.

The import of URLs seems to take a long time, doing it one by one at quite a slow rate, but other than that it's fine. Thanks for your help.

Many thanks,
  • Another question, it seems like this method just keeps adding to the verified list.

For example, if I had 600 in the file first, then ran the project, it would get all 600, but then if I removed all of the links in the file and added 400 new links, the project would now have 1000 verified URLs.

Is there a way to 'sync' the verified list with the file? So if I changed the file to 400 new links, the project would remove all of the previously verified ones and add the new ones.

Many thanks,
    no, such thing does not exists and it would not make must sense for others.