Skip to content

Dead Local Hard Drive Need to Install on VPS

edited April 2017 in Need Help
Hi guys hoping for some help here - my hard drive went kaput in the middle of the night and assuming that I can recover my data from (c:/users/***/appdata/roaming/GSA) is there something of a guide for reinstalling (both SER and CaptchaBreaker) but on a vps? 

- Do I start from scratch or do I migrate my directory (c:/users/***/appdata/roaming/GSA) to the new one?
- Since the computer is different how do I avoid paying for a brand new installation of SER and Captchabreaker?
- Is there any downside to starting all over again in case I can't get my data from failed hard drive?
- Is there a rule of thumb for amount of RAM needed for certain amount of campaigns?
- Anything else that I need to know?

Thanks guys

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    All you need to do is copying the folder to the new system and maybe change e.g. site list pathes in case the folder is different on the new system.
  • Really appreciate the response Sven turns out that the hard drive is completely finished so I'll have to start over. Do you have any advice there - I still have both my SER and Captchabreaker Serials. Do I just download the demos and insert the keys and I'm done? Any negative impact to starting over like that?
    that would be fine from our end, but of course your data is gone.
  • edited April 2017
    Thank you!

Any advice on the minimum requirements for data for example 2GB of RAM on a vps is that good for any # of projects? Is there a basic rule?
    sorry, I don't know your projects, but usually the projects do not take much space but the site lists.
  • Thanks sir for taking the time to write that! And for all of the incredible service that you provide!