Skip to content

What is the Delay for Captchas?

I'm trying to use Captcha Monster with GSA (both SER and CB). I have Captcha Monster on a separate server and have them connected through VPN connection so they act like they are in local network. I've managed to get them connected, added Captcha Monster as Antigate with IP. GSA is successfully sending the captchas to Captcha Monster. Captcha Monster than solves them correctly, but it seems like it doesn't send them back. So Captcha Breaker always reports them as failed to solve captchas. What I've also noticed is that the waiting time that CB shows is around 15 seconds.

I've been woring closely with Captcha Monster's support, sent them logs, and they say that a request to get the answer is not being made.

So I was wondering if there is maybe a timeout delay in GSA (both CB and SER) of 15 seconds and this could be the issue of why it is not requesting the answer back?

Any other ideas what should I check?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes 15 seconds is the timeout here. CaptchaMonster is a software based solution I think and 15 seconds should be way enough to get things solved. However, there have been other reports that their API implementation is not 100% correct. The testing e.g. is broken in some ways.

Anyway when nothing is returned for the next 15 seconds after sending the captcha, it is aborted.
  • Yes it is a software based solution, but it resides on a different server than GSA SER so use a VPN service to establish communication between GSA and CM this is where the 15 seconds delay comes from and the reason for not solving my captchas. So I guess I'd have to find a way to somehow decrease that delay.

Is there any setting in CB/SER to increase the 15 seconds timeout?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    really 15 seconds? Thats really a lot!
  • edited March 2017
    Yeah I know, lol. It definitely has something to do with Captcha Monster either the way they simulate the Antigate service which I use to communicate with GSA, or it's how the software works. I tried pinging both servers from both sides and it's way below 1 second. Which means it's definitely something inside Captcha Monster that causes the 15+ seconds delay. I think I will be requesting a refund..
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    Are you running them on different servers? That will likely be why if so. Windows just cant handle getting hammered with http/port 80 traffic the way a real webserver can.