Skip to content

Started with GSA SER. Am I Doing OK? I have some doubts too.

Hello friends,

I am really new to link-building and this GSA SER. Read Matthew Woodward's post for SER tutorial. So, tools I have  are :- 

1. Normal laptop with i3 3rd gen processor and 4GB RAM (though I am able to run 500 threads, idk how!) 
2. This GSA SER
3. 10 Dedicated Proxies
4. Balance in DeathByCaptcha
5. Fast Broadband

I have a wallpaper site with over 15000 wallpapers post (in WordPress) and some high authority tech blogs. I started with creating backlinks using GSA SER for my wallpapers site.

I purchased good SER site list of AA sites from which, for a sample project for all the backlinks-type checked and no filters for PR or OBL and no proxy, I was getting around 45 LpM. So, the purchased site list is good, right? 

So, for my main wallpaper site, I have set up three tier campaign, 

Tier 1 - Article, Social Bookmarks, Social Networks, Web 2.0 and Wiki (with PR filter (PR>1) and OBL less than 100)
Tier 2 - Article, Directory, Forum, Image Comment, Microblog, Social Bookmark, Web 2.0, Wiki (only OBL)
Tier 3 - Blog Comment, Guestbooks, Pingbacks, RSS, Trackbacks

Each of them have separate 7-10 custom email address but from single domain. 

Ran GSA for two hours, so far I have  - 

Tier 1 - Verified 1300, Submitted 295
Tier 2 -  V 269, S 386
Tier 3 - V 175, S 95

QUESTIONS - 

Obviously these backlinks need to be indexed. What backlinks service will you recommend? I am thinking about using Indexification. Will it be ok? 
How you guys track your backlinks that if they are indexed or not? 
How much backlinks for a site should I create daily? And also for each tiers? For this wallpapers site which already have 15K posts and on an average 25 wallpapers are being published daily and for my other reputed blogs where 2-3 quality articles are being published daily.
This is start, if it will work fine, I will start 4-5 projects concurrently. So, for them, is the speed of creating backlinks is too high? Will I need to add more proxies? 

Please clear my doubts in these few things. 
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    1. Invest in GSA CB it will save you so much cash over DBC.
    2. Move to 2captcha over DBC.
    3. LPM is not an indication if the list is good or bad, project options come into play massively.
    4. I would drop social bookmarks and web 2 from T1.
    5. I would drop Directory, forum, image comment, microblog, social bookmark and web 2 from T2.
    6. I would drop pingbacks and RSS from T3.
    7. I would invest in a catch all email, some providers are bad but I have never looked back since I got SEO Spartians, the owner is Hinks on here and hes a good guy.
    8. All my testing has shown that indexification is a total waste of time, elite link indexer is my main indexing service but your T3 will be enough to index if you tweak it enough.
    9. I track if they are indexed in Scrapebox, SER had a bug with index checking a while back and I havent looked into it since to see if its fixed.
    10. Daily submissions vairy per site but I doubt your laptop is enough to run projects for 15k pages.
    11. Although proxies play a part in speed your hardware is your limiting factor.
    Quick one, by wall paper site do your pages just have a title and then an image of the wall paper with little to no text?
  • SorbsahaSorbsaha India
    edited December 2016
    Thankyou so much for your reply. 

Point no. 

1 & 2 - Understood. But, as I just started. Let me see the performance then I will buy GSA CB. About 2captcha, Wow it's really cheap. From next time, I will add balance to this service. 

3. - Okk
    4, 5, 6 - The platforms you have eliminated from these Tiers, should I permanently eliminate them from all tiers or lower them down by one level? Like web 2.0 in tier 2 and directory in tier 3? Lest, I guess web 2.0, directory are somewhat important, no? 

7 - "catch all email" -- you mean default email address which we can set for a domain or server such that every invalid email will land into that email address? It can be done for free using cPanel. Then why to contact email providers for that? 
    8. Elite Link Indexer! Thanks. And it has free account too, so I can try it first. And, these indexing service can index both backlinks and post links, right? And what "tweak" ? Eliminating those platforms which you suggested or something else too?
    9. As I am going cheap this time around so, I use Seoprofiler.com (free) which practically have shown result by fetching backlinks which I manually created (comment backlinks) for my sites few days earlier. Scrapbox way to go but if the mean time, I will first purchase those fiverr gigs which provide these aherfs, semrush, raven seo, majestic etc. accounts bundle for 5 bucks.
    10 - Why not powerful enough? I am successfully running 500 threads for GSA without problem and my CPU usage stays 20-30%. Is there something else? And, even if there are some constraints and my laptop is not powerful enough, it's just going to take only more time, that's it, correct? 
    11. - Asked above "what specific factor" are you considering?

==> About Wallpapers Site - It has title, image (with alt, title, desc), template message and links to download image in different resolutions. On an average, 250 words in posts' body and it is really getting traffic, around 1K a day (it's 6 months old site). 

And, can you please answer those remaining questions --
    1. How much links should i create using GSA SER for my wallpapers site and tech blog, for each tier? 
    2. Can I run more projects concurrently? If so, do I need to buy more proxies? 
    4, 5, 6 - I would drop them completly.
    7 - Google SEO spartians.
    8 - What do you mean index backlinks and post links?
    10, 11 - 500 threads to rank 15,000 pages.....I am running 1800 threads focusing on about 30 pages right now on one of my SER instances.

1 - I already said, it varies per site.
    2 - You can and you dont need more proxies unless you are scraping search engines.
  • SorbsahaSorbsaha India
    edited December 2016
    Yeah found SEO Spartians. Let me see.

8. I meant, these indexing service can index both verified URLs and post permalinks too? Yeah, I know Google Webmaster Tools "Fetch By Google" can index website's any URL instantly and for batch processing, there is option too but with batch processing feature, not all links get indexed and "Fetch By Google" is quite time consuming if you have many links. So, if I just submit my website posts' URLs to these indexing services, they can index those post links too, right? 

10,11 - 1800 for just 30 pages, means, you might be creating thousands of backlinks for those pages daily, or processing power is getting used in something else? 

And, do I need to submit all tier 1, tier 2 and tier 3 links to indexing service or just tier 1 backlinks and I am good to go? 

---

1 & 2. OK. Understood. 
    8 - Ah right yea I get you, yea no problems at all with that.

10, 11 - Millions of backlinks daily.

The way you have your projects set up if you filter your T3 to be do follow only it will index for you so you dont need a service.
  • Ok. Thanks for so much help. :)
  • Sir, 

You have left me with these platforms in my tiers : 

Tier 1 - Article, Wiki, Social Networks
    Tier 2 - Article, Wiki
    Tier 3 - Blog Comment, Guestbook, Trackback

Is this what you are using too for your sites or you have added new platforms like Document Sharing, Indexer, Referrer, etc? 

• And, at this moment, will using GSA SER only for link building enough? Or do I need to start other link building tactics too like buying expired authority domains, tumblr, blogger blogs, etc. and post articles there linking back my main domain? 
    You also have social networks for your T2.

I use those platforms and I have had a bunch of people inbox me or comment on threads about it the past two weeks or so and they just make a project with those platforms in those tiers and hope for the best....

I heavily optimes the engine selection, project options and filter the lists to be as close to perfect as possible amongst a bunch of other things but I'm not releasing that info :P.
  • Ohk! Thanks a lot. I am using your tiered structure for my wallpaper site. But, I don't get the concept of "Search Engines to Use" inside Options Tab. As far as I understand, if I don't use any site list then the search engines I select here will be used to find sites using the keywords I provided. Correct? This is what you are calling "scrapping", right? But, if I use site lists which I have purchased, even then also this options is getting utilized? I believe if I add site lists to a project then it will consider those submitted URLs first, right? And I add site list by right-clicking project >> Import Target URLs >> From Site List, this is the proper way, right? 

Actually, when I start my project, it gets lots of "no search engines matches" error. I don't get why this error is coming, is this because I have selected few search engines in Options? (So, selecting more search engines will help?)

AND... 

For my authority site, i want to implement this JacobKing's Tiered Structure: 

image'
    Will it work fine? As it;s platform is very similar to what you've suggested. And, Doc Share is not any platform in GSA anymore, there is iDocScript in Document Sharing platform, so, should I use it ? I've seen people using many advanced tiered link building structure (like this from GSA Forum):

Matthew Guy: 

Jacob buddy: 

Or go with your suggested platforms "Article, Wikis, Social Networks" but in this structure format? People are using so advanced level Tiers that I am just confused if my simplistic tier even will have any impact now. Ain't stopping though.

And, yeah you said only my Tier 3 will get my backlinks indexed. Ok, understood but if I still have to submit links, which links I should submit to indexing service (just in case if indexing rate is very slow), the tier 1 links? 
    Try it out and let us know how it gets on.
  • @Sorbsaha, does PR filter still valid? Are you using YandexTIC as PR? I am very curious about the effect.
  • SorbsahaSorbsaha India
    edited December 2016
    @foxymak I used the filter in starting but It was filtering out lots of links so I deactivated it.

@shaun My tiered structure looks like this: 

Hope I am not overdoing it. Both "Money Site" and "Money Site [Tier]" contains Article & Wiki platforms, "Money Site [Tier][Tier 2]" has blog comments, guestbook & trackback. 

Kitchen Sinks contains Blog Comments, Indexer, Pingback, Referrer, Trackback and URL Shortener the above one is pushing "Money Site" generated backlinks & below one is creating such links for the main website.. it has OBL<100 filter.

I used K.S. to mainly index pointed links. And, I am creating S+V ~ 1500 backlinks daily. For every platform, I filtered out those sub-platforms which had very verified links being generated. So, for wiki - 1 platform left, Article - 7, Blog Comments - 4, etc.

Am I overdoing it? And, also among my K.S. platforms, which are fully useless now? 

No idea, havent set a project out even close to that for like 3 years. Try get in touch with Jacob King or Matthew Woodward and ask them for advice.

Post back with how the site gets on though, im actually curious to see how it does.
  • SorbsahaSorbsaha India
    edited December 2016
    Ok sure. And about useless platforms? I mean I asked which among those K.S. platforms are useless, if you know with surity? 

Doesn't seems like those guys are going to reply. Can you suggest something @ron
    Just stick with that method as the platforms you use depend on the method. It might work.

Try get in touch with Jacob and Matthew anyway, pretty sure they both have forums you could post on and they might reply.
  • SorbsahaSorbsaha India
    edited December 2016
    sub-platforms which had very *LESS verified links ^

Ok, I Try. Thanks for your help :)

Can you please tell me these -

1. How to know GSA have started scraping links from search engines by itself when you have site-list added to your project also? I am not able to figure it out, so I don't know when all links of my purchased SER List have been finished by GSA. 

2. For every project, if selected in software's option, GSA will keep on appending verify list with new links and then, there is a option to save project specific verify list to different location. So, for a project, it's links are being added to both of these? So, next time, if I need to use verify list, I can only add global verify list, right? And, what are these identified and success? 

3. If I select to save successful captchas, then if that captcha gets repeated while scraping, the solved one will be used for that? 

4. I have found earlier that some dofollow directory links were being generated too. OK, I read in Jacob's article that directory platform should not be in my Tier structure as it can break it, so, can I create a project specifically to create directory links to my main site, just like i did for K.S. or those directory links are full useless? 

• antonearnantonearn Earth
    edited December 2016
    Jacob's strategy seems legit, the other must be high on something, however secondary links totally useless. 
    Just do a tier 2 or 3 structure and do dofollow, contextual platforms. I dont get it why people should complicate stuff like building links. It's not rocket science. 

It takes you max 3 hours to add a 100 google translated pages to your site and test it off with a .xyz domain, its simple. 
  • "It takes you max 3 hours to add a 100 google translated pages to your site and test it off with a .xyz domain, its simple. "

Please elaborate this @antonearn, what to test? 
  • @shaun can you recommend a good SER List service which is available to try at small price also? Actually, the one I purchased from fiverr was of no use, it submitted to over 2000 places but upon verification and re-verification, the figure shrinked to few hundreds (200~300) so all the time & resource was of no use. I tried 1linklist.com's free list but it has very low LpM and also not many even submitted links came out. 

SERLists.com's both blue and red list are sold out. Rest, WAC's SER List is showing very low LpM even in their site's screenshot. I want to try SERVerifiedList or autoapprovemarketplace.com SER Lists but they are starting from $55+ with p.m. subscription. 

As I just started, I don't need tens of thousands of links but just few thousand links to try the service and proceed but even testing them is expensive I guess. 

Do you know any cheap way? May be any good seller selling small SER List at small cost?  
  • @Sorbsaha on a Different thread I saw @shaun stating 1linklist is beter then looplines list. I assume thats your go (55$ a month).
  • Bro, I tried 1linklist free pack it had LpM around 5-7 and also not much links were even submitted with all the platforms checked and all the filters removed.
    Cheap and good don't go togeather, especially in this industry.

Right now I use Looplines and 1LinkList but 1LinkList has a higher yeild of contextual links when filtered compaired to Looplines so I would recomend that one as thats what you need.
  • Actually, I tried 1linklist's free links. Among there 3000 links, I am seeing only 7 being verified as I tried it again right now. So, Looplines vs. SERVerifiedLists is what I am currently checking. Have you ever tried SERVerifiedLists? Because they have more links in their list than Looplines.
    What people say they have in their list and what they actually have is totally different.

Search my recent posts and read the ones about processing a list and 3000 targets is nothing anyway.

From what I have tried 1linklist is still my recommendation for the methods I have shared, it's all about the contextual articles.
  • 1234876675412348766754 Utrecht
    edited December 2016
    @Sorbsaha did you use correct captcha Services? And its probably something related to your setting, even with the trial i'd Have a better run
  • Yes, I am using 2captcha. So, I've purchased SER site list. Can you guys please tell me what type of backlinks to send for indexing purpose? I have ticked only Article, Wiki and Social Bookmarks link.. about others, I am not sure what else to select. 
    There's no point in anyone helping you really is there? You have gone against all advice given so far so I'm not wasting anymore time on you.
  • No, that's not so :-( I am trying 2-3 methods side-by-side. I am using your tiered link format, 2captchas. See, my sites are not based around single product so it don't have just 20-30 pages. Wallpaper ones have 10K+ links, and rest, tech blogs have hundreds to thousands of links still. So, there is a need for me to test concepts concurrently. I have kept one tiered link structure to get indexed on its own through T3 but with other, I am trying indexing service and so, I purchased Elite Link Indexer. 

What advice I didn't follow? :-/ About this 1LinkList, I gave it a try but I didn't work for me then I purchased different site list.
  • These are my domain/websites. Are you talking about starting a brand new website?