It's a long time since the early days since I was power user of your scraper... I was recently researching some proxy stuff, for an own project where I need stable proxy in bulk and found out that GSA also developed now a Proxy Scraper
The trial was not 5min installed and I bought it. GSA Software 4 ever
I was playing around with it the hole day and have now some questions:
1. In general, what settings do you recommend on a newer Core i7 with gbit connection and 16 GB RAM and would consider it as stable and reliable? I can't really rate what the optimal settings are and I don't want to burn a lot proxies with the wrong settings... What would you recommend?
2. I'm not 100% sure how to seriously test proxies and eliminate outer barriers. I saw it's possible to define custom tests. Assumed I've got a few domains/servers, whats the best way to test proxies? Is it making sense to install a own proxy judge? And if yes what's the best script and is there also one which is supporting SSL testing? (or any other more advanced stuff).
3. I've looked (for own ideas) into https://github.com/chrisiaut/proxycheck_script
(yes a read it's primary for cli and not multithreaded) but I liked the idea with the checks it contains. For example I know there are evil proxies which are injecting own stuff into JS and stuff like this. So is it possible to verify this also on a own server or servers. What would work out?
4. I'm needing to access whois information and all bulk api's are sucking for some information I need to scrape - so I've to code my own solution as there is no "normal possibility" beside scraping the info myself. For this I know I need SOCKS5 proxies accessing Port 43. Is it possible to make these checks too? (without auto-exporting your apps information and do it then via PHP or another language)
5. I've quite a clean strong workstation without a huge mess. GSA PS crashes quite often - mostly when the GUI is visible after a few hours - does it make sense to send you debug lugs (and if yes which ones?) or are there recommended settings I have to take care for? (I'm using Win 10 Pro)
Thanks in advance for your answers (which could be also in German if you want). I'm happy to see that you're still so super active since years