Skip to content

Improving automated setups

Hi @Sven,
I am using SCM, and it generates Articles, and Project Settings files for my projects via a GSA template.

I would like to include in the template:
1) "Branding anchor text" input under DATA
2) "Your Email" and "Login" input under Email Verification

Also, under article Manager, I need to store some dummy article to be able to close/save the project (to use it as template for backup/restore). However, I setup SCM template in such a way that it fills the article with the correct %spinfolder%, leaving the dummy input for manual deletion after loading the data from SCM. Is there any way I can add an article there that won't be used, or a way to save the project without an article, so I dont have to into all tiers to delete it?

Finally, I am trying to use RSS combined with regular URL list in the URL input, but get error: http://screencast.com/t/nEOXkqtTpf7 

Comments

• When I select multiple tiers and import DATA I have an option to delete current articles, I just found out. So that question can be ignored)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    1) banding anchors are saved as.... "branding anchor_text=...."
    2) First email is saved in [options] as...

your e-mail=...
    pop3 login=...

All other email accounts are saved in [email accounts] as...

<number starting from 0...count>=<email>0xff<pop3 server>0xff<port>0xff<login>0xff<password>0xff<use ssl=1,0=not>0xff<checked=1,0=not>
    ----
    Your image does not load here.
  • myhqmyhq usa
    edited October 2016
    1) got branding anchors to work, thanks! (PS. where to find all these template names? like "branding anchor_text")
    2) "Your e-mail" and "Login" were not imported from SCM import file. I added it like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxuif7r37nlvi6h/Screenshot 2016-10-11 14.12.16.png?dl=0
    (<<taskname>> will be replaced by SCM automatically)

But when importing its not in the list: 
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rv6x1mvlnvxz5e/Screenshot 2016-10-11 14.11.01.png?dl=0
    >> I use Modify Project / Import / SCM Data

3) error on URL input when combining RSS with URL#keywords: 
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/598zgtdcsapg6rg/Screenshot 2016-10-11 11.45.05.png?dl=0
    I use the RSS format, and the Edit All to add all urls/rss for this project.
    1) just have a look in the *.prj file...all things from there should work.
    2) ahh ok sorry, you have to make it a template instead that SER can use using tools->import.
    file extention would be *.gsatml and you can use anything from *.prj files you see there.
    3) you can not use both sorry
  • 1) Got it.

2) This is out of my hands, SCM generates a .ser.. Can these two ("your e-mail" & "pop3 login") be allowed in a .ser file? I already created a template with all settings to duplicate, but the mentioned two values differ per project and can be automatically filled correctly by SCM... Also, to use Tools, I would still have to do this separately per tier by opening them up. The reason I want "your e-mail" "pop3 login" in the template is to not need to open every tier (and avoid typos). 

3)It can only do 1 RSS at the time also. This forces me to create 6+ tiered projects per campaign, instead of 1. Could you allow a mix of multiple RSS and URL#keyword1,keyword2 via the "Edit All". I don't see how this could confuse anyone?

I already make 2 separate projects because I cannot combine tier selection and url input, that would allow me to add social accounts to tier 2 with a higher link/url just like FCS Networker links, but having a separate project for every RSS/URL becomes very cumbersome..
    2) a ser file is including a prj file...so you can write things there...
    3) sorry right now i can not add this as it would cause a lot of other things to be changed first
  • 2) so why this doesn't work?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxuif7r37nlvi6h/Screenshot 2016-10-11 14.12.16.png?dl=0

3) meaning that for every RSS I need to make a separate campaign? When could this be improved?
    2) I don't know!? Whats the resulting file like? I never had the chance to play with the tool to code export templates

3) i said i have no time for this right now...please don't push me. Its added on my to-do list and i ad it when there is time.
  • 2) that is a screenshot of the SCM template file. The resulting file is attached. 

Article settings at the bottom work like a charm. Everything is, except the "your e-mail" and "pop3 login"..
    download the sample here: 
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rszxa8rtqyrj7wy/SCM Project Settings File output.rtf?dl=0

3) i didn't mean to push, it was a question, just to see if its an ETA i can work with.. Sorry.
    >> I need to add 50+ cities/campaigns (per month) and hoped I could do 1 campaign per city, and not 6+.. Fixing number (2) already prevents me from having to update the catchall email in 6 tiers per campaign..

Thanks for your time.
    2) you said it's a*.ser file!? But a *.ser file is a zip packed file with a prj file included. What you sent is a simply import file from SCM. In that there are just adata-fields imported.
    3) wasn't there some erternal tool someone from here made? Try asking around im sure it's still available
  • 2) but I can set the article macro too. The last thing I need it to fill the "your e-mail" and "pop3 login" via the SCM template. All the rest is static and saved by backing up/restoring the campaign..

3) I solved this by giving each RSS its own tier 1 in the campaign template..
  • "pop3 login" I can update via "edit single option for all"... This works fine for me.

Now I am only stuck with how to update "your e-mail" in every tier, without opening all tiers..
    a) in the project files, "your e-mail" is listed under the DATA. So I should be able to update it with SCM template?
    b) "your e-mail" is not available under "edit single option for all". Could it be?

My use rcase is that I have 1 catchall email per campaign, shared amongst all tiers.
  • PS. you are right, SCM generated a text file..
    can't you simply import that one email account on batch using right click->modify->import->email account?
  • myhqmyhq usa
    edited October 2016
    Thats what i needed! Sometimes you dont see the solution even if its right in front of you.

Thanks @sven.

PS. I can now generate the email string in excel, where i got many other related data stored for campaigns, and import it via clipboard!