Skip to content

Anchor text is randomly bracketed by parenthesis

After checking on a few of my projects, i noticed that the ...(KEY WORD ANCHOR TEXT) is randomly surrounded by a opening and closing parenthesis. Is this an intentional function of the anchor text variation process, or did i screw up a setting somewhere.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    please post a sample as I don't know what you mean with "parenthesis".
  • fatboy11201fatboy11201 new york
    edited September 2016
    I am referring to the brackets ( ) that surround the example link  >>>>   (http://www.mysite.com/anchor-text)  <<<<< . My question is how do i remove them?
    you mean ....anchor (link-in-brackets) instead of anchor-with-link ?
  • Lets assume that the phrase "Anchor text" is my target keyword......it is automatically being surrounded by (  ) parenthesis...see example text below. If this is a non issue, and does not leave a footprint for the search engines, then we can go ahead and mark this thread closed.

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor (Anchor text) in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
    this should actually not happen. A link in brackets is only set if it differs from the main anchor (generic one or domain).
  • Problem solved.
    Apparently i had the url , and the anchor text variations both set to 100%. I also had the try to use domain/generic anchor button checked.

I reduced the percentages for the url, and anchor texts variations by half and unchecked the domain/generic anchor button. I am not sure which one of theses variables was the problem, but my anchors are now generating normally in my articles.