Skip to content

duplicate quickstart template

myhqmyhq usa
edited September 2016 in Other / Mixed
Hi @Sven

I want to create a template with multiple tiers, where i enter all settings, emails, targets per tier, etc. And which I can then quickly load and autofill with content for multiple projects..

I have been playing with the restore, backup, duplicate etc. but I don't get it to work..

Duplicate doesn't show a new project, backup and restores says the project already exist and asks to append or overwrite, neither of which creates another project, etc..

Probably i am missing something. Thanks)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well why should "duplicate" not show the new project!?
  • ok @sven, I got the duplicate to work, but only for individual tiers.. not for a group. I made a short video to illustrate my issue, this way my overview gets messy very quick. How could I duplicate the entire group (in bold font) with undelying tiers and just give the group a new name...?

you simply can not duplicate a whole group!?
  • Ah i cannot? Bummer

what is the best way then? copy tiers individually and move them to a new group?

OR

Backup / restore the group? I note I have to change the name of all tiers to prevent overwriting them? Change the group name is not enough, right?

Cheers
    you can duplicate the main project and say YES when asked to duplicate it's tiers as well.
  • After some testing I will create 1 group with all required tiers, I will then back that up. Upon restore I will rename the group and all tiers adding a prefix. The next time I will restore that is possible if I keep renaming them properly. Thanks for the help!