Skip to content

Download failed.... SockError: Connection timed out

I had search posts before. Some ppls say it was proxies problem. Some ppls say it was Gsa ser problem. And I do not see any solutions on them. Please help... thx

Comments

• use: gsa ser + gsa proxy scraper + gsa cb
    my setting

• also the lvm are very low...

• 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    edited August 2016
    This means proxies are timing out, or the domain/site your hitting is offline/having issues.

If your using public proxies its going to happen; Try cutting your minimum proxy speed down some more; but you'll never completely get around it.

Since you seem to be scraping straight from Google I doubt that many sites are offline, so I cant think of anything else it could be.

Regards,

-Jordan
  • @1linklist thx very much
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    If you using public proxy, can try anonymous proxies checking...
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    You try scrapebox proxy scrapper, But I think GSA Ser proxy scrapper is wonderful.

@Sven Can you tell to me? GSA Ser proxy scrapper How difference from scrapbeox proxy scrapper?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I don't know, I do not own Scrapebox.
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    @Sven In scrapebox  If I doing scrap it will do and send port scan and
    completed.In the same way gsa ser proxy scrapper  has same
    facility.Otherwise I need to do port scanning manually?
    SER does no port scan at all..It finds the proxy information on some website with ip/domain and port and tries to connect. If thats not failing it goes further and tries every known proxy protocol there is from socks4/5 to CONNECT-proxy and finally WEB-proxy with a given test scenario (e.g. google search engine as test site).
    Im sure ScrapeBox is also not doing any port scan though.
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    @Sven I do not have the good knowledge of the field, Port scan option that I saw in SB, so just ask you, These port scan facilities are available from GSA Ser proxy scraper? That

as expected, there is no port scanning option. Scrapebox is only testing against two (or 3 ) types of proxies where SER can all other GSA tools can also detect CONNECT proxies.
    All other parameters are also configureable with GSA tools.
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    I was facing some issue in gsa ser proxy scanner that time "s4nt0s" Advised me do port scanner. But I'm not understood.

"s4nt0s Says:
    Were you port scanning or just using the software as normal? If port scanning, might need to check the option to use a proxy while port scanning. Some hosts don't allow port scanning or you need to be on a specific server location for them to allow it."
    @s4nt0s was speaking about GSA Proxy Scraper, not the ProxySearch tool within SER. With SER you can not do port scans.
  • VMartVMart Natural SEO
    @Sven I asked you about GSA Proxy scraper not SER in-build proxy options.
    well then this "port scanning" might be a false interpretation. Someone would only guess that a port scanning is happening if the software finds a list of IPs and ports and the port is constantly increaing by one and the IP stays the same. This can happen for the software when it parses unknown sources.

You can overcome this situation if you use proxies when scraping (new option in latest version).