Skip to content

Scheduler FAQ :D

oiloil
edited February 2013 in Need Help

hey guys,

i have a few questions reg. the scheduler,

on which settings you run it, just default with 10 projects every 30 minutes?

one thing i figured and it happens only when i use the scheduler, after i stopped the projects with the big red button, it keeps sending out the PING to various sites, for hours (well prolly not hours, but for sure 20+ minutes) and i cant stop doing it,

when i click the X to close my SER, it doesnt react and after some time, it crashes,

i compared this with a normal run, and there the PING thingie is not happening after i stopped the projects, my settings are using the ping sites and lindexed for verification

anyone else having this?

Comments

• I have used the scheduler for a good few months now because I have so many projects and my Berman VPS just can't handle it if I run all at once.

I have found my sweet spot to be running 5 projects for 20 mins with stop projects with statues active (pause) checked.

I have found to turn it off, you need to press stop on the scheduler, then stop the red button, wait for all the threads to finish, then exit the scheduler.  Seems a bit quirky but it works for me...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I have optimized the PING thing for next release a bit. Though not much I can do here unless you disable the PING thing in options.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Brumnick - when you say you've found the sweet spot. What do you mean? I use Berman and it runs perfectly with default settings. How have you optimised this?
  • edited February 2013
    @GlobalGoogler I was running too many projects at once and it seemed to be causing CPU issues so I had to find a point where GSA wouldn't lock up and I got a satisfactory amount of links built.  After messing around with the number of projects to run at once, I found 5 was a good number.  In order to give all my projects a fair go during the day, I decided on 20 min intervals.

I have not changed anything on the VPS itself in terms of settings and I use CB and GSA indexer and very occasionally scrapebox.  I use the berman package that costs $28/month.
  • @brumnick
    I have read with great interest on this forum recently how not running gsa indexer at the same time as SER can give a huge boost in performance. I have tried this myself and found an improvement.
    So @oil as you post your links to Lindexed bypassing gsa indexer maybe you can get more than 5 projects?
  • Yep, tried that for a day and a half and I did find a bit of difference but decided to abandon it because It was going to be too messy to keep tabs on what urls needed to be sent to the indexer. Plus, it would have taken at least a day / week to run the indexer on its own to keep everything indexed (so I would loose a day with GSA) so I felt it just wasn't worth it. If I have to build slower with GSA then so be it.  I think the end result will be teh same anyway...

I just turned down the threads on the indexer and use a custom amount instead, then it just carrys on automatically and I don't need to think about it.
  • @Brumnick I'm on same Berman as you and what I did was take the 1GB package as an extra and moved the Indexer (and some rank tracking software) out to that. Everything now runs much better for an extra $16 pcm.