Skip to content

Question: How do you use keywords ?

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Uhm just about keywords ranking... see Options-->Data

1) Have you checked X Use keywords as anchor text or is it better to only use a few specific ones
2) How many keywords do you suggest to set in Anchor Text spintax (if you haven't checked X Use keywords as anchor text)
3) how many keywords do you set in X Use secondary anchor text with (13% i use)

thx

Comments

• your anchor text are the keywords you want to rank for... you need to do your keyword research for finding out this... no one can tell you.... what i suggest is use no more then 10 anchor text, and use some LSI as secondary maybe 20% and some generic anchors maybe 10%.
  • also use URL 10%
  • @rodol do you suggest to use same keywords in all tiers or to change them to other niche specific for other tiers ?
  • edited February 2013
    for tier 1 use the keywords you want to rank for, for tier 2 use a mix of the links you are trying to rank and some long tails, generic., for tier 3 go to google keyword tool, put your main keyword and copy the 800 keywords and use those + your main keywords + your long tails + LSI.

this is not a law, just a way to do it, there are a lot of people getting different results with different settings, but this one is pretty basic.
  • ronron SERLists.com

Lots of ways to do it. I try to be consistent and use the same anchors through all tiers. I want the theme to be the same at all levels.

With keywords I keep them in the same niche for tier 1. But then I have much bigger word lists that are completely random for T2 and T3. I mean big lists. I want as many links as I can get.

• again big thanks for your suggestions @rodol and @ron !
  • do you use

X Use domain as anchor text
    X Use ancor text variations

too ?
  • ronron SERLists.com

No

Yes - 20%

• thx 4 info @ron again