Skip to content

Strange phenomenon

edited February 2013 in Need Help
2 nights ago I ran SER overnight and it got up to 4.8 LPM which is good for me and my PR filters. I woke up in the morning and was like "whoa" and was happy. I then updated SER and left my home.  4 hours later I came back, and my LPM went back down to its normal amount 1.5 LPM. I was pissed. I spent all day tweaking my settings to try to get it back to 4.8 LPM. Nothing worked. I then decided to put all my settings back to how I had it the night before and thought maybe if I run it again overnight my LPM will go back to normal. I woke up this morning with a ton of submits and 4.8 LPM again. I was really happy. Strange, because all day I was getting 1.5 LPM!

So my question is, what is causing this rapid increase of LPM and submissions when it's running overnight? During the day I was getting 1.5 LPM, and then I woke up and it was up to 4.8 LPM.  What the hell is happening overnight?

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    If you're doing this at home your cable connection shares traffic with your neighbors, and at night they are all asleep or at work during the day. Unless of course you are on a VPS then that shouldn't be happening.
  • edited February 2013
    Yup, it's on a VPS. Great results at night, dips substantially during the day. The VPS is bermanhosting & I have the 2nd plan (Extra). It is 100Mbps bandwith.  Do you know why this is?

Also, if I upgrade to 1Gbps for $5 will I get more submissions?

Thank you
  • Are you using semi private proxies ? if yes , then keep in mind that 2 or 3 other people are using the same proxies and you need to do some tweaks in SER. Like lowering the thread count , increasing the wait time between search engines queries and finally use more search engines. Or maybe you have an active neighbor on your vps server. Tweak the settings first , if the problem is not solved you can try to increase the connection speed on your server.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    It could also be your HTML timeout settings, if the sites are heavily trafficked during the day your connection might timeout during the day but not at night.
  • I think it just takes SER a bit of time to get to max LPM.  I restarted a few hours ago to update, and it was at 1.5 LPM.  Now I checked it and it's at 4.2 which is good.  So it has nothing to do with night, just that it needs some time to pick up. Either that or my semi private proxies are not being used. I'm gonna contact buyproxies and see if my traffic is being overloaded. If so I'm gonna need to get dedicated.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

I don't think it accelerates or picks up. I noticed when you do a shutdown/restart, SER tends to do verification first before building links. So that means you have 0 LPM when it's going through verification, and since it's based on an average, it slowly builds up during linkbuilding.

• edited February 2013
    I'm now running at 5.44 LPM.  I really  do not get this... 
    it just keeps slowly going up and up. 

Either way this is my own personal record :) I use T1 PR3+, T2 PR1+, T3 PR0+, T4 PR0+ so 5.44 is pretty good. I just don't want it to start going down and down for no reason just like it's gone up and up...
  • ronron SERLists.com

It's what I said above. LPM is the average based on how many links you have built at this moment divided by the minutes you are into the day at this moment (the # of minutes since your local midnight).

When it does verification, your LPM goes down because more time is passing without building new links. When SER kicks back into linkbuilding, your average goes back up. It's just math. Does this make sense?

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Hey @Ron - it's not based on the full day...maybe the last hour or something, but definitely not since the start of the day.
  • I thought LPM was since SER was started and LPM starts tracking since that specific instance.
    @Sven can you chime in and clear this up?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Well maybe somebody can clear that up, but every time I take the LPM and multiply by how many minutes in the day have elapsed, I come out to exactly the number of links I have.
  • edited February 2013
    @ron So you're saying if you've built 200 links and it's now 3am your LPM would be 1.11111? It's might be that, because Submits and Verify's reset at midnight, so maybe LPM would too.  But it resets at 0 when you restart SER, so are you sure it doesn't do amount of submits divided by amount of time SER has been open?

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. SER does reset at midnight, and so does LPM. The only time you screw up your LPM is when you restart or do an update. Then it calculates from midnight again, even though as an example, you just updated at 1:00 in the afternoon.

• edited February 2013
    I don't get how it calculates upon restart midday.  If I have 5000 submits right before I restart at 1 PM, I would have a LPM of 6.41. Yet when it restarts, it restarts at 0.0, not 6.41. Even if it's going slow because of the verification process like you said it does in the beginning, let's pretend  it gets no submits for the first hour (I doubt it verifies for a full hour upon startup).  Our 6.41 LPM would dip down to 5.9... so then why is it still displaying 1 LPM, 2 LPM for a few hours before it gets back to 6.41 LPM? Where is this 1 and 2 coming from?
  • edited February 2013
    Wow this sucks.  It definitely does start off really slowly as I've just restarted SER and I've only gotten 16 submits in about 15-20 minutes.  Once it gets all jammed up and freezy (where it takes 5 minutes to click anything) is when it starts to go really fast.  When I can still move around windows and click anywhere it means that it's not running at max strength.

Very strange how it "picks up the pace" rather than just starts posting at its normal limit.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    That LPM counter is restarted at midnight. Maybe that would explain it a bit?
  • edited February 2013
    It's actually posting slower than it normally does. For example I restarted SER at 10am, it is now close to 12pm and I have 351 submits.  That comes out to an LPM of around 3, which matches what SER is displaying.

When I first started SER however, it started out at .85.  After 2 hours it's managed to get up to 3 LPM, and I imagine it will get back to around 5.5 after a few more hours.  I just don't know why it does this "acceleration" sort of link building, where it starts out slow and then starts posting harder than normal. I want it to just start right away at what it normally does.
    That might be because of the verifications done in between. Usually when you start a project it is soon starting to verify all URLs you have submitted to. During that time, no submission is done and the LpM is falling close to 0.
  • That's what @ron was saying too. You guys are right. I just timed 60 seconds and I had 6 submits, then again another 60 and I had 7.  If SER is verifying a lot in the beginning, that is a lot of 0 LPM which makes it harder to build LPM when the links start to being built.

How much verifying does it do in the beginning?
    That depends on your settings. By default it checks all URLs that have not been verified for the set time (different for every engine).