Skip to content

Delete Previous Content

Hi, Just wanted to ask is there a way to delete previous content before importing new content?

I am using SEO Content Machine and I like to replace the content im using every other day but I noticed that SER still keeps the old content and simply combines it with the new content... I want to replace the old content with the new content instead.

I already checked under the Project > Tools settings and it don't see an option for this, is there something I missing?

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Right click the project - Modify Project - Import - SEO Content Machine Data.
  • Hey Shaun, thank for the reply. Will doing it this way overwrite the previous data? 

I have no trouble importing the data the only problem I have is with SER merging old data with new data.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Hmm, not sure as I use Kontent Machine, I had to post a suggestion to delete the existing articles before putting the new ones in but @Sven added it.

Hopfully he will add this for you.
  • Gotcha, Thanks!

I'll wait to see if Sven jumps in this thread.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    As far as I can see, it is merging old and new data just for articles and anchor texts or what do you click in detail?
  • Do you mean what I click when importing? I just simply go to "Tools > SEO Content Machine > Import" and then I simply select all the files SEO Content Machine created and a dilaog box pop's up asking me if I would like to only import certain fields to save memory/cpu and I simply choose yes.

That's about it.

Do you think it would be possible to have SER asking if you want to merge or overwrite when trying to import new content?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well that function is overwriting everyhting except the things i mentioned. And if you click on YES then it is not even merging the SEO Conten Machine stuff but only certain fileds from it.