Skip to content

Web 2.0 content - lower tiers

I plan on using unique content for my tier 1 web 2.0s but i'm wondering what you guys are using for your web 2.0 on tier 2?

I'd rather not be blasting my tier with GSA. I'll save the GSA for tier 3.
I plan on using unique content for my tier 1 web 2.0s but i'm wondering what you guys are using for your web 2.0 on tier 2?

I'd rather now be blasting my tier with GSA. I'll save the GSA for tier 3.

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    I use Kontent Machine for all automated backlinks on all tiers.
  • I use article builder for my tier 2
  • redraysredrays Las Vegas
    Agree with @shaun, just use Kontent Machine. The only benefit of using decent content that I can see is that it might pass a manual review. I often doubt if that is even true.
  • Thanks lads (Y)
  • So algothyms are not cleverer enough to see horribly spun content at the tier 2 and slap us for it?
  • echanney do you use article builder with KM?
  • Right guys just saw you can use with GSA. Superb!!!
    I have KM spun stuff on T1/2 with no problems.

Pretty sure they can detect it though. I ran a KM article through Grammarly and it has loads of suggestions. If they can see that Google defo can.
  • I'm going to provide the counterpoint here because I've tried Kontent Machine, Article Forge and all the rest and my verdict is that I wouldn't touch them with a shitty stick.

If you're basically lazy or don't give a toss about your site (churn and burn) then use them to your hearts content but if you care about the site you're building out and see it as an investment then spend some time and either generate your own articles or even just pay someone else. I can spot that kind of crappy content these things generate a mile off, and if I can then Google can.

Seriously, the problem with all those products is that the time you save, you only end up having to spend again when your site gets burned out. I've got sites I built out years ago and they're still on the first page of Google - why? Because I invested time myself in producing quality, readable and engaging content that Google like and my site visitors like. Yes, it took me 5x as long to build out the backlinks to the site but they're all still there.

You see guys on here all the time jumping from one shitty product to another, trying to cut corners and save time. Fuck that shit. You need to plant seeds, not trees.

Sorry if my English is poor, it's not my first language, but I think you'll know what I mean.
  • Johan would you regard article builder in something to avoid too?
  • Also Johan what do you use to power up your tier 1 web 2.0?
    Johan, have you ever tried that content on your projects? One of my very first sites from way back in early 2014 was built using KM generated content and its still holding its ranks.
    @shaun - I haven't taken a look, but my guess is that any piece of content you put in there is going to throw off lots of suggestions. Too many false positives when checking for something as abstract as 'quality writing'.

@Johan - "I can spot that kind of crappy content these things generate a mile off, and if I can then Google can." Doesn't make sense, considering you're a person and Google is an algorithm. Unless you're saying that you've written an algorithm to spot crappy content a mile off, in which case sure, let's talk :)

@cozziola - I've used Article Builder quite a bit. The content is far more readable than what you'll get from Kontent Machine. I never saw a difference between using that and KM though.

Here's another way that you can think about doing content: buy one long article, heavily spin the first 200 words and the last 200 words. I used this method with Web 2.0s for a while and it worked just fine.
  • @redrays "Doesn't make sense, considering you're a person and Google is an algorithm. Unless you're saying that you've written an algorithm to spot crappy content a mile off, in which case sure, let's talk"

First manual review you get you're going to get buried with that approach. It's like jumping from a plane without a parachute. Just because you happen to land on your feet once doesn't mean you will the next time you jump. I've seen SEO's spam the crap out of their sites with crappy backlinks, auto generated content and you know what ... their sites have flown for months. One guy I know personally was ranking first page for a hugely competitive keyword for well over a year on a churn and burn site. Used to laugh his ass off because it never got canned. Luck of the Irish he reckoned.

Then one morning he got up and the whole site was deindexed. Not just that site but his whole network of sites, PBN's the works. Gone in a puff of smoke ...

Not saying you have to be white hat, I'm far from it myself, but you have to be sensible. Just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't mean it won't ...

But hey, if you're happy man then good luck to you. Plenty of ways to skin cats ...
  • kontent machine will produce good enough results for both t1 and t2.

for money site or pbn, i prefer article forge. i don't spin these however, i just use 'guarantee article uniqueness' and would generate a new article for each pbn post rather than just spin the same one. they come out quite good, needing only minimal adjustments mainly just to make everything flow, but are always totally readable.
    @Johan - saying that something won't pass manual review is much different than what (it sounded like) you were saying. I agree with that point, though I believe that if you get caught by a manual review and you've been using SER for links to your moneysite then you're screwed no matter what.
    @kijix84 - how long have you been using Article Forge? Is it able to generate very niche specific content? I've been looking into it and considering the 7 day trial.
  • @redrays - I know you asked someone else but I tested it when it was in beta and it was very much a beta product.

I certainly wouldn't use it on full automation because I noticed several of the articles it generated contained mentions and backlinks to competitor websites and grammatically it wasn't on the button either. On the plus side each one passed a copyscape review so for lower tiers with a 5 minute tidy up then I can see the benefit but they promote the product as being able to be used on a money site. I wouldn't dare personally. It's also expensive. It would be worth the price if it did what they claimed it could do, but it couldn't so ...

Like I said though it was in beta and I know they use machine learning so it will have improved since, but not for me at any rate.

On the subject of machine learning re: my point earlier. My understanding was that the 'army' of Google manual reviewers fed their data into a machine learning system which helped fine tune the algorithm that led to Panda. I have no doubts that this algorithm continues to learn and grow and so stand by the assertion that if I can smell the SPAM then so can Google. And if they can't smell it today it doesn't mean they can't tomorrow. I wouldn't use any auto generated content on a T1 if I cared about the money site.

But I respect your opinion around here so I'm happy to agree to disagree :)
    @Johan - thanks for the feedback on Article Forge :)

Good points, and I'm happy to agree to disagree too. It's nice to have these sort of arguments with people who know what they're doing, probably the best opportunities to sharpen our thoughts and learn new things.

I strongly agree with this btw: "I wouldn't use any auto generated content on a T1 if I cared about the money site."
  • @redrays I've also been a beta tester for several months and the quality of the content is very good. try the trial and see for yourself
  • I stil use Kontent Machine for tiers. Still good for now. But I think I may change to something else for my tier 1. With deep learning, Facebook can now "understand" the content. They definitely can sense low quality articles. I think Google definitely can do it in the future, not now though because of the huge volume of content.   
    @kijix84 - thanks for the advice. I'm on the trial plan now and the content does seem very good. There's a guide about PBN automation on their site; are you following that or generating and posting the content by hand?