Skip to content

Search engine queries and settings

edited February 2013 in Need Help

I'm a new user of GSA and have a few questions about settings.

How exactly does the 'wait between search engine queries' work? Is that calculated per project or globally? That is, I have 'Custom time to wait between search engine queries' set to 10 seconds so if project A runs a search engine query, might project B run another search engine query before 10 seconds elapses?

Also, when I duplicate a project, I clear URL's, should I also Delete Target URL Cache/History?

'Skip submission if the URL/domain is appearing on one of the following blacklists' all are selected, should they be?

I have 'When to verify' set to 7200 minutes yet some links are being verified sooner, is that normal?

Some other info about my settings, perhaps someone might offer some advice:

I have 20 fast private proxies, set to 100 threads with monitor PC resources checked.
HTML timeout is 120 seconds, use proxies everywhere.
Custom time to wait between search engine queries is 10 seconds.
I have Captcha breaker set to 1 retry
I am currently getting around 16-17 LpM, not using any lists.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited February 2013

>How exactly does the 'wait between search engine queries' work? Is that calculated per project or globally?

globally of course...else if would make no sense.

>Also, when I duplicate a project, I clear URL's, should I also Delete Target URL Cache/History?

Duplicate is not carrying the history or cache with it. so thats not needed.

>I have 'When to verify' set to 7200 minutes yet some links are being verified sooner, is that normal?

Thats can only happen for engines that don't need a link verification or that find the link as already placed (indexer engine e.g.).