Skip to content

Login failed. -ERR Authentication failed

edited February 2013 in Need Help
I currently use SE Nuke Xcr to create various tier 1 backlinks then I use GSA to build futher tier 1 and tier 2.

When I create my GSA campaign I tend to use an email that was pre-created by SE Nuke XCr to save some time having to set this up manually.

It seems like everything is working, however, when I press the "test" button on the E-Mail verification tab I get the error message:

"Login failed. -ERR authentication failed"

Am I doing anything wrong? Does it matter that this error message is popping up?

Sorry if I am being a newbie!
Tagged:

Comments

• yes is does matter.  make sure the email is the same on the data tab as the email tab.   On the email tab hit find settings.  enter the correct password and you should be good to go. 
  • Hi Krushinem,

The email is the same in both areas.

When I press the "find settings" tab nothing happens for me. It seems to just highlight the password?

In the Pop3-Server settings I have

pop3.live.com with the port set as 995

Could this be causing the problems?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    pop3.live.com - are you using hotmail? can you log in manually to the account in your browser.  Have you restarted your server?
  • Try enable SSL
  • I am using a pre-created hotmail.com account from SE Nuke XCr.

They basically give you 105 hotmail email addresses to use each month as you wish.

I thought I would just use a couple of these because it saves me having to manually create them and put in all the settings. However, it looks like GSA doesn't like the email SE Nuke XCr produce.

Perhaps it would be a better idea to get some email accounts off fiver or something. I don't really understand how the email works with SE Nuke XCr but I get the error message with GSA.

Furthermore before I asked this question I had just been letting GSA run even thought I had been getting this error message and it has been producing verified links for me. Perhaps not in as high amount as it would if I didn't have this message? I'm not sure.

If anyone else has used SE Nuke XCr to create their emails and it worked then I would love to find out why mine isn't working :)
  • I have tried it with SSL enabled or not enabled I get the same error message

"Login failed. -ERR Authentication failed"
  • I just manually created a hotmail account and it all worked.

Therefore, the pre-created accounts from SE Nuke XCr just don't work!

Sorry to waste time, and thanks for trying to help anyway guys!
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    There might be a setting in the hotmail account that would allow pop access from GSA.
  • Hey all, first post, but, have been lurking for a while.

Senuke hotmails work fine with GSA, I actually download them from Senuke (as it is quicker) for use with GSA!

Nothing extra needs setting up. I assume something has gone wrong with that particular account, grab another one and test it.