Skip to content

What has happened to my ranks

Been hearing a lot about GSA not working and even having a reverse effect, which is not so good as a new user. But then I read others who say, nah this is rubbish, you are just doing it wrongly and comments like that give me reassurance in GSA. But having bought Data Packs from a reliable source all pre-configured, I notice that all my ranks have decreased by between 5 and 40 positions and haven't improved in almost 1 week and in fact are slowly heading the other way.

I am almost certain that there is nothing wrong with the projects I bought so what else could be wrong. I have them set to between 50 and 100 verifieds per day and I have 5 projects running at the same time linking to same domain. Is that too many and have I been penalised?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I wonder who says that GSA SER (GSA is just the company) is rubbish!? Seriously, if people don't know SEO they will always say that to almost every tool they do not understand.
    It's your SEO knowlage that makes a tool good or bad. Im not saying GSA SER is a "setup and forget tool".
  • Is anyone able to offer any help in any way to answer my question!!??
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited April 2016
     SEO is not something that is easy, if it was as easy as just buying GSA SER or any other mass automated link building tool and then think you will get on top of Google then everybody will be doing it, or at least it does not work for 99% of people i know. Link building is just one of many things that it takes to rank a website and if it is done wrong it will have a negative affect  on your rankings.

I don't have any magic answer for you to rank your sites. I don't want to lie to you and tell you do this or do that, I rather be honest

I see so many people obsessed with high LPM or VPM and running gsa ser at as many as 3000 threads not thinking of the consequences or how unnatural such link building is.
    No normal site, not even a good site can naturally grow 200 VPM or get new links at 500 LPM, search engines are not stupid they can see these kind of spam links popping up and that is maybe is why so many people end up saying gsa ser dont work anymore.

Well I can tell you with 100% certainty that GSA SER is working perfectly but most people's understanding of how to use it correctly is very misguided, and i think Sven is in part to blame for adding those lpm and vpm indicators, because i know how da boyz are fast is never fast enough, always want bigger and better and faster without thinking of the consequences.

My suggestion is to focus 99% of  your energy and money on building a good website with quality content that is updated frequently and then ONLY build some back links on very relevant sites in the same niche and participate in social sites dropping links and building a authoritative reputation

Don't rely on GSA ser or any other automated spamming \ link building  tool alone to get a good ranking, and if you do use it use it responsibly

That is my honest recommendation, which i am confident some might not agree on all points or have different views of their own.

Never give up, be persistent and use @sven 's tools responsibly

• @royalmice thank you for your answer that has helped a lot and given me a better insight in the way GSA works and how to try to begin to understand my link building with it!!
  • whats vpm and lpm?
  • Links per minute and verified per minute. Are you hitting your site directly with ser???
  • BigGulpsHuhWelp well I have been, yes but only around 300 per day and all different urls and keywords. Is this the reason for the decline would you say or is this okay?

I am now going to try just using web 2.0 as tier 1 and link to those instead. Do you have any recommendations as to how to approach this? Should I just churn them out or should I stick to a certain number of verifications per day per URL?

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited April 2016
    @monitorr

I recommend you not only use web 2.0 for tier 1, the reason is link diversity it will be suspicious if every single link pointing to your site are from web 2.0

You need to diversify. The way to do it is simple, just don't think like a spammer or automated link builder. Ask yourself the question: What does authoritative sites do to be come authoritative or what does someone that does not use any automated tools or paid services do to get attention to his site.
    Below are some suggestions:
    • Create informative videos with good descriptions and link out from the descriptions to your money site.
    • Create accounts on the top Social sites and make sure to use the same brand logos, headers, slogans, colors. It is very important to establish your money site brand so people when they go to any of you social sites will know that it is the same brand.
    • Write on your social sites about your niche link out occasionally to post \ products on your money site
    • Create discussions and let people participate and make them aware of your money site but don't over do it because they don't like getting spammed with your links.
    • Very Important is to place a link with the logo's of all your social sites on your money site.
    • Interlink your social sites.
    • Most important is to keep those social sites updated, post content at least 1's a week. Maybe get someone to write short articles that you can post.
    • Share content from authoritative sites in the same niche ( yea i know u dont like this, but do it ) By sharing content from other Guru's in your niche will get your sites noticed and your followers will find the content usefull.

Below are the top 15 social site out there. My suggestion is to start with an account on each of these

Facebook1 | Facebook
    3 - eBizMBA Rank | 1,100,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 3 - Compete Rank | 3 - Quantcast Rank | 2 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.
    The Most Popular Social Networking Sites | eBizMBA

Twitter2 | Twitter
    12 - eBizMBA Rank | 310,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 21 - Compete Rank | 8 - Quantcast Rank | 8 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

LinkedIn3 | LinkedIn
    18 - eBizMBA Rank | 255,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 25 - Compete Rank | 19 - Quantcast Rank | 9 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Pinterest4 | Pinterest
    22 - eBizMBA Rank | 250,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 27 - Compete Rank | 13 - Quantcast Rank | 26 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Google+5 | Google Plus+
    30 - eBizMBA Rank | 120,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | *32* - Compete Rank | *28* - Quantcast Rank | NA - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Tumblr6 | Tumblr
    34 - eBizMBA Rank | 110,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 55 - Compete Rank | *13* - Quantcast Rank | 34 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Instagram7 | Instagram
    77 - eBizMBA Rank | 100,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 49 - Compete Rank | 145 - Quantcast Rank | 36 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

VKontakte8 | VK
    97 - eBizMBA Rank | 80,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | *150* - Compete Rank | *120* - Quantcast Rank | 21 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Flickr9 | Flickr
    123 - eBizMBA Rank | 65,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 138 - Compete Rank | 139 - Quantcast Rank | 91 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Vine10 | Vine
    581 - eBizMBA Rank | 42,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 237 - Compete Rank | 335 - Quantcast Rank | 1,172 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Meetup11 | Meetup
    596 - eBizMBA Rank | 40,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 791 - Compete Rank | 701 - Quantcast Rank | 296 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Tagged12 | Tagged
    702 - eBizMBA Rank | 38,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 1,082 - Compete Rank | 615 - Quantcast Rank | 408 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Ask fm13 | Ask.fm
    779 - eBizMBA Rank | 37,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 2,046 - Compete Rank | 113 - Quantcast Rank | 179 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Meet Me14 | MeetMe
    1,457 - eBizMBA Rank | 15,500,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 1,407 - Compete Rank | 635 - Quantcast Rank | 2,328 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

Classmates15 | ClassMates
    1,487 - eBizMBA Rank | 15,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors | 153 - Compete Rank | *285* - Quantcast Rank | 4,022 - Alexa Rank | Last Updated April 1, 2016.

This is not the magic solution to it all, this is just a step in the right direction. Spend more time doing things manually and less time worrying about how fast you can build a million links in a day with automated tools.
    If it is too much work get a Virtual assistant  to help you update \ monitor  all the social sites and alert you of things that you need to follow up on. 1 hour a day should be enough for a VA to browse over all your social sites and moderate where needed.

Of course u can still use GSA ser but turn down the volume, try to use hand written \ spun content that makes sense, inject relevant images and videos into your content and link to your social network. Try to make it appear natural. i would say only do 10- 20 verified links a day, but do it everyday. The idea is to make it look as if it was done naturally by a human, not by a automated tool.

These are just my suggestions, and i am sure there are many others that will have their own opinion or point of view. Being different is a good thing.

Conclusion : Link diversity counts

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    @monitorr could you confirm if you purchased the data packs from Royal Mice and asia virtual solutions?

@royalmice Could you please link me to where these people are running SER at 3000 threads? Myself and a friend have been unable to get SER past ~2000 threads. After some research and a fair bit of testing we found multiple sources stating 32 bit programs have an active thread limit of just over 2000 threads.
  • I dont think you want to run more than 1000k threads unless you have a lot of proxies
    edited April 2016
    @shaun -- it was one of my customer of mine, but he was not having much success because at 3000 threads  gsa cb could not keep up and the public proxies burnt out very fast. In addition you will get allot of html time outs running so fast. He managed to get to around 2000 threads.

In addition it is not practical to run at 3000 threads as a windows machine will normally stop around 2000, unless you are able to hack it. I suggest you read this for more info on the topic:  Does Windows have a limit of 2000 threads per process?
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    hmmm, suspicious....

Not saying it cant be done but my own testing shows SER drastically droping threads once it hits over 2000 active threads to the point of it barley running. A friend whos a SER user also says he gets the same as myself when pushing SER.
    Yes i have seen your the pots about your test over here - https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/20003/max-thread-usage-of-ser#latest