Skip to content

Parsing Emails For 3 Days....

It's saying there's 40k emails to parse. It's at 1% then 3% and has been going back and forward for 3 days.

Catchall emails.

Maxed the CPU and RAM...

Anything I can do? Anything to stop this happening again? Not changed anything, there a few million waiting to be verified, same 5x catchalls on 35 projects.

Comments

• I've just finished some projects and had to verify the remaining links. I used the scheduler with 10 projects rotation to keep the CPU at bay. I set the rotation time 40-60 minutes depending on the speed ser needed to parse the mails. It took a week to completely verify the links though.
  • HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    edited April 2016
    You need to use 1 / project, not all 5 in each project. If you use 5 in each project then each project will have to login to all of them and download the entire inbox and go through all of them in order to find the emails it needs.

Now you can't really do much for the current run. However, once that's done, re-import all catchalls and make sure it's 1 catchall / project.

You you're worried about tracking which project has which catchall...it's doesn't even matter. If you get new ones for whatever reason, (and that's something you most likely don't do that often), do the following:
    1. Set all your projects to verify emails
    2. Once that's done, delete all emails that are left in catchalls (if you're not self-hosting and your provider doesn't support this function, you can skip this step)
    3. Re-import all your catchalls, again making sure it's 1 / project

Hope that helps.

• donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    @Sven I noticed a bug with emails / error messages today with version 10.76. I'm getting email errors on projects that don't have these accounts actually. Even a project that has been inactive for months got an email error. I imported email accounts equally few days ago, and I saw there was an update for this already in 10.75. I have just now updated to 10.77. Not sure what's up.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    there haven't been any changes on the email part, just how you import emails using the popup menu over projects.
  • @Hinkys thanks mate, I've done the same thing for over a year and not had this problem, but if 1 email is correct then I've been doing the wrong thing for all of that time.

• HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    @JudderMan
    Hmm, then it might be something else but yeah, generally it's better to do 1 / project.