Skip to content

How fast are links sent to indexers. I want to delete projects but don't want to lose links...

So when I have added as many links as needed to one of my projects I'll stop / move into a folder, so right now I have literally hundreds of old projects inside the folder. The problem is I think they are eating up a ton of the resources leaving them there, just makes the tool slow/buggy for me.

So, what I want to now is how long does it take for links to be added into an indexer service. I'm worried for example that if I delete 100+ old projects (some ranging from last week/month/3 months ago) that the links created may not be indexed.

Thanks 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    when they are detected as verified, they are submitted to the indexers (but first collected till 100+ are present or 5 minutes passed).
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks Sven that's great to know, so would you agree a project that has come to it's end, should not be deleted until after say a week or two. 

Thanks 
    actually I think a project should never be deleted. There might come situations where you want to change content or delete from the web. Thats something SER can only do if you have the project to login and delete things.
  • Thanks Sven but honestly this is just literally being used for fast churn and burn rankings nothing more, there will never been an instance where we need to access them again. By leaving all these inactive projects would you agree it's going to cause the software to slow down/eat resources...
    not much. However you should than at least make a backup of the projects and store the *.ser files for a possible later use
  • Sure, yeah we always make a backup for the projects that's for sure. So I guess we will make sure not to delete finished projects that are less than 2-3 weeks or so, that way we should not lose the links beore indexed.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Yea back it up 100% and leave the files in a dropbox account or something.

If I was you I would export your verified URLs from the tools and manually submit them to an indexing service every now and then.

Just out of curiosity, are you tracking your indexing rate at all? If so how and what indexing % are you getting?

Working on a indexing case study I will release on the forum soon.